Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fair food challenge...who is up to it?

BrandNewLaura
BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay friends...I am going to a local festival this weekend...and while I want to stay within my calories for the day, I want to have a bit of fair food...I am posting the link to the list of vendors below...anyone want to help me pick the healthier options that won't sabotage my whole day but give me a feeling that I had "real fair food"?

http://www.cornfestival.net/id6.html

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    Okay friends...I am going to a local festival this weekend...and while I want to stay within my calories for the day, I want to have a bit of fair food...I am posting the link to the list of vendors below...anyone want to help me pick the healthier options that won't sabotage my whole day but give me a feeling that I had "real fair food"?

http://www.cornfestival.net/id6.html
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Oh gawd, I abso luv festival food! None of it is good for you at all! But it all is so yummy, that you just end up wolfing it down. So, maybe what you do is burn some extra calories before you go, keep the HRM on as you walk around the fair, then pick out a couple of must-haves, and also remember to bring along some good, healthy snacks as well. That way, you can plan on both burning calories, and consuming the right mix of calories. Go and enjoy girl! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Eat an egg roll for me! :smile:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    MMMM Corn dogs with a TON of mustard....so good, so worth the cheat!
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    iced tea, chicken corn soup, and fruit salad would be my picks
    maybe some nuts too
  • BrandNewLaura
    Oh gawd, I abso luv festival food! None of it is good for you at all! But it all is so yummy, that you just end up wolfing it down. So, maybe what you do is burn some extra calories before you go, keep the HRM on as you walk around the fair, then pick out a couple of must-haves, and also remember to bring along some good, healthy snacks as well. That way, you can plan on both burning calories, and consuming the right mix of calories. Go and enjoy girl! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

But but...if I have a chicken salad sandwich that's not terrible right? And I promised myself I won't drink any calories that day...I'm bringing water...and no dessert...

Last year I went and only had a cheesesteak sub and a fruit smoothie...obviously not health city, but not awful either...I think I will allow myself two items...any two items I want...that way I'll be sure to pick the foods that I just have to have...and I won't stop at every food stand like I might have in the past...

This will really be a test lol...see if my new lifestyle as really "settled in" yet!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I couldn't get the link to open without downloading the file to my computer...so here ya go! Good luck with that!!!

702_smiley_making_his_competition_disappear.gif
This discussion has been closed.