Venting about family....care to join?

Options
We had family unexpectidly staying with us, which was SUPPOSED to only last a few weeks and lasted 2 and a half months. Well, after one day i was ready for them to leave! It was my aunt and my two cousins who moved in with me and my dad....in our small two bedroom one bath house. They had two dogs, my dad said no dogs, somehow they managed to get one in, and its a german shepard. Their dog would go in my room if i left the door open and poop/pee, which would leave stains on the hardwood and would pee on the carpet, and was a beast to my poor dog. Her children are the rudest, ill behaved kids i've ever met...and she would never discipline them for the major things, like when her five yr old hit me because i wouldn't give him chocolate cake, but if they left a sock on the floor shed beat them....every day was waking up to them crying and hearing them cry going to bed. I was so stressed out that i gained EIGHT pounds while they were here, because i would lock myself in my room and do absolutely nothing. I couldn't work out because 1. I HATE working out in front of others. and 2. all there stuff is in the way and i didn't have enough room to do anything. They would sit around the house and do nothing, like all day.,...while i had to clean and cook and do all these things when i got home from working all day and trying to stay sane all the while. Now, everyone says "why don't you say something to her" well my aunt is so abrasive and on the defense that saying anything would have broken into world war three.....our personalities do NOT mesh AT ALL, so i kept my mouth shut as long as i could. We got into a huge fight, my dad of course wouldn't take my side, as hes a peace keeper, so i didn't talk to her or anyone for four days....i would come home from work and go straight to my room. I lost 4 of those 8 since i wouldn't eat or cook dinner. They finally moved out, but they are over here EVERY DAMN DAY....the sound of them walking down the walkway to our house makes me cringe.....and i just wish they would move far away so i wouldn't have to see them but once every few years. Am I an evil person??? Btw I have never been family oriented, EVER. Its just been me and my dad since i was 12....and we hardly even talk to each other. The finanancial burden was even worse, my dad and i are broke as is, and we had to buy everything, because she has no job/no money but will spend 45 dollars on dog food....gah, why can't we chose our family members? Anyways we have a wii and the wii fit so now that they have moved out we can finally hook it up and i can get back into the swing of things, cause i haven't worked out since they have been here and i was working out every day. Anyways, thats my rant....

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    let it all out.
  • autumnbreeze89
    Options
    Girl i hear ya
    Sometimes family stresses us all out. Its tough, but you keep it up with working out =)
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Family is usually the most stressful part of my life- if they come over again maybe you can take an angry walk/jog? I have some of my best workouts when I'm working off stress.
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    and I thought I had it bad.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    See thats what i though, then my dad wants me to take the dog, and if i say no plays the guilt trip, so i take the dog, then the kids wnat to go and i seem like a horrible person if i say no, and then they want to take their dog, so if i end up wanting to go for a walk i have to take four other people/animals with me and it tuins the whole idea, even though i feel like "holy crap i need to get the hell out of the house or i will kill someone" feeling....if i wasn't so worried about what people thought of me, i would have just went to the bar every night lol