What do I call this?

Options
I took a gravity class at the gym today. It was 60 minutes from start to finish. It was where you lay on the board that slides and you use the arm pull things and use the footboard for leg reps...all I know is I have never worked my body so hard and I had sweat dripping off of me today when I was done. It worked upper and lower body along with abs. What would this go under in my exercise? Would it be circuit training????

She told me not to be surprised tomorrow if I cannot walk. Also, she said this only something to do max 2 times a week. Any gym experts out there know what I am talking about???

Replies

• chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I took a gravity class at the gym today. It was 60 minutes from start to finish. It was where you lay on the board that slides and you use the arm pull things and use the footboard for leg reps...all I know is I have never worked my body so hard and I had sweat dripping off of me today when I was done. It worked upper and lower body along with abs. What would this go under in my exercise? Would it be circuit training????

She told me not to be surprised tomorrow if I cannot walk. Also, she said this only something to do max 2 times a week. Any gym experts out there know what I am talking about???
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've never heard of anything like that...but I want in! "Gravity" class, huh? I will have to look it up and see if there's anything like that in my area. 118.gif
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    sounds kind of like the "total gym" that chuck norris gym. you lay and use your arms and legs to slide you at different inclines?? good cardio and strength for total body!! i would enter it as circuit training.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest circuit training...it really gets your heart rate up there when it's a facilitated class style...I can get mine up to 180 if I push it and yes, there are pools of sweat.....great job on pushing yourself in class...it is not an easy feat!!
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I can't even lift my arms above my heads today!!! :laugh:
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow!
    Great job!

Tomorrow try to do light stretches.
    If sorenes gets real bad take a bubble bath :wink:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    If you are sore, you really don't want to take a hot bath. It's better to take an ice bath and do some good stretching. It helps the muscles to repair themselves. I take an ice bath after each of my long runs, it's cold, but it's amazing in the end!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    that is what REAL pilates is, it is quite a workout. It will definitely help you tone and lengthen the look of your body. I wish my gym had that, I have to go to a studio and pay for personal pilates coaching when I want to do that!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    that is what REAL pilates is, it is quite a workout. It will definitely help you tone and lengthen the look of your body. I wish my gym had that, I have to go to a studio and pay for personal pilates coaching when I want to do that!

Yikes! Just like the wood/chains/ankle restraints at the Pilates torture center at my gym. :noway: :tongue: