Question for you...

msrjmcp
msrjmcp Posts: 14
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Just curious... On average, how much time do you spend working out?

Would you say that the more time you spend working out, the quicker or more weight you lose?

Thanks in advance for your input and good luck to you all on your journey!

Replies

• Adeland
    Adeland Posts: 19
    The best way to lose weight fast and healthy is cardio.. if you burn more calories than you intake you should drop weight fast.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    higher intensity- less time

I work out no more than an hour, if lifting then only do 30 minute of cardio.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Workouts don't need to be long, you make them too long and you will start to avoid them.

Try and work out when you have time, be it a 30 minute walk, a game on the wii, a short HIIT workout or a lengthy weight session. More importantly do something that you enjoy and something that you will feel proud to have completed and can't wait to do again.

I can't really answer if longer workouts make you lose more weight. The important thing to remember is that exercise is only 10% of weight loss. Yes exercise helps, but nutrition is what will make the weight fall off you.

There is a saying however.

Watch what you eat if you want to look good. Watch what you eat and exercise if you want to look good naked.
  • justkelley
    justkelley Posts: 53
    Workouts don't need to be long, you make them too long and you will start to avoid them.

Try and work out when you have time, be it a 30 minute walk, a game on the wii, a short HIIT workout or a lengthy weight session. More importantly do something that you enjoy and something that you will feel proud to have completed and can't wait to do again.

I can't really answer if longer workouts make you lose more weight. The important thing to remember is that exercise is only 10% of weight loss. Yes exercise helps, but nutrition is what will make the weight fall off you.

There is a saying however.

Watch what you eat if you want to look good. Watch what you eat and exercise if you want to look good naked.

lol I'm loving that quote
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Great quote!!!
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    I do 1-2hrs everyday (well I try to as life gets in the way sometimes)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    I tend to exercise more than most people around me. Generally get two work-outs in a day, at least five days a week. 20/25 minutes of strength training and a run between 45 and 70 minute run. Then in the evening I try to get in a yoga or a spin class. All said and done it is usually a min of 120 minutes, and often quite a bit more.

Know a lot of people say, more isn't better. I am loosing faster then most, so it is working for me. Plus I simply feel awesome!
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Minimum 30mins a day. How intense it is depends on my mood - as long as I always get the 30mins in I'm HAPPY. No need for motivation - I just do it because it's a habit now. If I'm up for it, then I do 60-90mins.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    I do at least an hour a day and incorporate a variety of workouts, including dance, high intensity intervals, and lots of heavy weight lifting. I work out because it makes me feel good, not because I feel like I have to. When I first started working out, it was maybe for 20 minutes, 3 times a week, and you practically had to pull my teeth to get me to do it. I can't stress enough the importance of finding some things that you enjoy doing - thus making it less of a chore and something that you actually enjoy doing.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 507 Member
    To answer the OP's question directly, you should be good to go w/ 25-35 minutes of cardio a day for 3-5 days a week. Add in some type of strength training (abs, arms, legs, etc) 2-3 times a week to get 10-30 minutes more on those days. From there, you can add and subtract as you see fit.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    I work out 4 times a week at an hour a session. But I just swim or hit the treadmill. Though for me it's less intensity and more time. I'm going to lower bg and raise my hdl numbers. Both work with longer low intensity workouts. I've lost some weight though!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I work out 3 days a week. Two of those days are spent at the gym doing cardio and strength training. One of those days is at home doing Tae Bo. When I first started this journey, I worked out 5-6 days a week. I fell on the ice in January and now have a bulging disc where I landed (I also had back surgery in 1992 and this disc is one of the few I have left...). So, while I REALLY want to go back to 4-5 days a week, my back just isn't ready for that many days. I've tried going 4 days and cutting back my time, but it still makes my back hurt. Something about that 4th day does it in. I'm just sticking with the 3 days.
This discussion has been closed.