7-day Challenge for Advanced Runners!

k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
edited 5:40AM in Fitness and Exercise
I decided to challenge myself and thought I would see if anyone else would like to come along. This challenge is not intended for anyone who has only recently started exercising or anyone who does not run as a regular part of their exercise routine. I don't mean to be exclusionary. I just don't want anyone who is not ready for this to hurt themselves.

I am calling this challenge:

5K A DAY

The idea is every day for 7 straight days, everyone that accepts the challenge will run a 5k. You can run it outside or on a treadmill. I do want to suggest that if you run it out side that you measure the distance first, with a car or something like that, so we can be as accurate as possible. Anyone that wants to take the challenge can do it. There is no limit on the amount of people. It will, however, be a closed group after the challenge starts.

Starting on Thursday, 12May2011, through Thursday, 18May2011 we will run a 5k and record our time. We will log our time in a response to this post.

Then, every day through the 7 days, we will edit our original post and log the next days time.

For example, the log will end up looking like this: (of course, the times will vary)

May 12: 27 min 13 sec
May 13: 23 min 46 sec
May 14: 26 min 38 sec
May 15: 26 min 22 sec
May 16: 28 min 59 sec
May 17: 35 min 12 sec
May 18: 27 min 28 sec

Please DO NOT make 7 different replies to record each days time. Please edit your original post. That will make it easier to keep track.

I thought of this because I was going to do it and take my average time to see how fast I run it. I had no specific reason, I was just curious. I will be doing it regardless, but it would be nice to know others are doing it to. I am not a fast runner, I have just become addicted to running.

So, if you are interested, please reply with a simple, "I'm in!" or something like that. Then, each day, come back to THAT post and record your time. Good Luck!

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    can't commit this week, but i'd love to do it in a few weeks time. do you think you might want to do this every now and again? or is this a one week only thing for you?
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    can't commit this week, but i'd love to do it in a few weeks time. do you think you might want to do this every now and again? or is this a one week only thing for you?

I will more than likely do this again. I enjoy running.
This discussion has been closed.