NEW SCALE HELP PLEASE!

Options
Hello everyone. I received my new scale today. It is from eat smart, the one with "step on technology". Anyway, I weighed myself a couple a days ago and the scale said 174 (as it had for a week) and when i woke up tonight (i work midnights,usually, at work now) i weighed myself and it said 169!! Which made me happy, but now i am wondering if it is accurate? what do you guys think? or does anyone own the same scale? btw my old scale is an analog but its my parents old one. 10+ years old. TIA

Replies

• lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    Oh scale wars! Is it on a flat surface?
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Almost every scale is a bit different. If your new scale is the one you are going to be using from this point forward, take the "loss" and call it good. The new scale is most likely more accurate anyway. Good Luck!!!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    It is probably acurate. Your weight fluctuates like that depending on your salt and water intake, etc. I would record the loss! :)
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Have experienced this before with new digital scales vs old ect. Weigh yourself with your new scales and then no sneaky peeks or don't register your weight on here for at least a week because then you should be registering a true loss and your true weight and less likely to be registering water weight etc.

Also don't stress about it. Think of your whole loss in terms of months and think wow i lost a total of e.g 5 lbs this month rather than damn i put on 1 lb today/week.

Hope that helps and all the best!!
    =)