Found out why I binge.

Options
SO binge ate again today, more then a pound over, as usual, sadly when I binge i binge bad...but I think I found the source of it. It usually occurs after I have some sort confrontation with my family or after I try a really restrictive diet, guess dieting for almost a year has kicked my body into saying enough is enough, So looks like ill just need to watch it now after I have another stressful day with the family, and going to try a less calorie crazy diet, one around 1800 and then help it along with exercise to help loose weight......yay.

Replies

• ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Family does that to you. but now you know and can make the change
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I hope that works for you. If not try to replace binge eating with another activity. Go for a run/jog/walk. Or go to the gym. Just try to find something constructive to do when you get in that crazy mood.
  • ramberbo
    ramberbo Posts: 23
    Options
    I have to say that binge eating is my toughest battle! I usually do great during the day but at night I just eat and eat and eat! I have found that having to write down all of my calories has made me not do it as often becasue I feel guilty :smile: . But I have also started doing something really corny! I put post-its all over reminding me that I am not really hungry I am just emotional or tired or something else. As for the really restrictive diets, I cannot do those either because I really am HUNGRY in those cases, haha.
  • mquiroga235
    Options
    Im glad you are realizing and becoming aware of what is causing you to binge...that in itself is huge! Now it is time to work on other ways to keep from stressing and how to deal with these family issues. I can say from experience that when I find myself in a stressful situation, or im bored, or any other exuse to eat....I go for a walk. Not only does it get you out of the house where the fridge is, but you will realize when you return from your walk that you feel great! I know about the binge eating...I still struggle from time to time, usually at night. So, I appreciate you posting this because I know that there are many others who have or still struggle with this.
  • curlyelm
    curlyelm Posts: 73
    Options
    Binge - gosh, its the bain of my live! I always do it alone, so I try and make sure that if I am feeling emotional or stressed I surround myself with people so that I wont eat rubbish! If I am on my own i'd easily eat a large bag of kettle chips, pot of humous and a large bag of chocolate buttons or something! I will feel absolutely sick but can't stop myself until it is all gone!

I am trying to be more thoughtful when I am shopping and trying to avoid the 'oh ive been good, i'll treat myself' because actually I am not treating myself, I am damaging myself and making me unhappier, which makes me eat more again!

I am logging everything I eat, even my treats (which I would previously 'leave out') so that I know what im doing. If I go a bit over I don't punish myself, as this would lead to the binge cycle. I think its about finding that trigger point and working out what to do to stop it!

Sometimes I think I have been REALLY BAD, but then I log the calories and find its not so bad after all. Previously I owuld have not logged, thought id 'ruined that week' and continue to binge until next weigh in!

Its not easy, im not cured, I am sure I will lapse and binge, but I am trying!

Good luck fellow binge sufferers!