Diet Pills

Options
Hi people,

I just wanted to know if any one had an experience with diet pills?

I keep seeing all this herbal "slimming" aid and I just wondered if anyone has had a positive experience with these and are they worth trying?

I'm getting pretty desperate to loose some weight now and anything to give me a helping hand would be most welcome.

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Diet pills = phail.

You don't need them to lose weight. You're not that desperate if you haven't considered counting calories, changing your diet, and increasing your physical activity yet. It just sounds like you want to lose weight "the fast and easy way" ... which are contradictory to losing weight in a healthy way, through hard work and careful planning.

I can only lend out a hand to help as far as you're willing to reach for it. If you'd rather reach for "slimming" aids, then I wish you the best of luck. Ain't no magic in them beans.
  • 0plato0
    0plato0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm already doing couting cals (1200 a day) and exercise (running 3 times a week, swimmng twice a week) and the results are poor to say the least.

Unfortunatly genetics mean I cling on to every ounce of fat.

I was just wondering if these herbal slimming aids, in conjunction with my cal counting and exercise might just help me drop a bit more.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? You need to NET a minimum of 1200 a day to lose weight correctly.
    Most likely you are aiming to "stay below" 1200, and are damaging your metabolism in the precess.
    With the amount you have to lose, you should be set at either "lose 1 lb per week", or "lose 1/2 a pound", NOT 2. And you should eat everything it tells you to PLUS your exercise calories.
    You do not need to create a deficit from those calories, MFP has already done that.
    Your goal is a goal to REACH, not a goal to stay UNDER. If you eat under 1200 a day net your body will be lacking in nutrition and will hang onto its "emergency fat" stores because it thinks you are in a famine.

Trust me, I stalled at the dreaded 1200 and didn't lose till I upped it to 1500, then the last few came off at 1600, and I now maintain at 1800-2200.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I have found that eating the 1200 cals per day that MFP gives me works the best personally!! and I only eat back like 1/2 of my exercise cals!! As far as the diet pills go...I haven't heard of the one that you are asking about but I have admittedly tried many in the past! My fave that I have found to just help take the edge off is SlimQuik Natural. It is suppossed to give you increased energy, "up" your mood, decrease your bloating, and reduece your hunger. The directions state that you should take 2 three times per day, but i have NEVER taken that much of it!! I usually take 1-2/day total. Good luck :)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not eating enough.

Before going to diet pill route why not visit your doctor? You may have a hormone inbalance that is stopping you losing weight.
  • Britt1113
    Britt1113 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken any herbal medicines to aid in weight loss, but I have heard of a few that help. Acai, Hoodia, and Green tea are taken by a lot of my friends and they are very happy with their results!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend "diet pills". Most of them are caffeine pills or other stimulants. They're also not regulated by any agency. Not only are they potentially unsafe and usually ineffective, you'd gain the weight back as soon as you stopped taking them if the were effective.

If you're goal is realistic and you've been logging your food accurately and keeping up with your exercise but still not losing weight, it may be time to visit your doctor to check whether there is a medical issue keeping the weight on you.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I always think, if diet pills would really work, sure there would be no more overweight people?
    I think the only thing that gets slimmer in the long run, is your purse.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I used Solo Slim and lost 40 pounds, which motivated me to go to the gym (because my knees felt better and I actually felt like moving). It was a jump start in my case, and it worked well, but only diet and exercise kept the weight off. A friend of mine used it to get off a plateau, but again, as part of diet and exercise, and once the scale started moving she got off them again.
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Diet pills aren't a magic pill that will cut the fat off you, but I do think they help. You can cycle off and on them, but shouldn't use them continuously as it will mess up your metabolism. I used RoxyLean recently. Caffeine will give you energy to workout longer/workout the days you don't want to. It also really did curb my appetite. I wasn't reaching for snacks all the time. Even if it doesn't burn fat off, those benefits are pretty helpful combined with working out and eating clean.

If you don't want to use a diet pill, find an EGCG supplement (found green tea). Make sure it actually has ECGC or the Catechins in it and not just some "green tea extract" or something like that. You can take up to 800 mg safely. I take about 500 mg a day.

Also, drink tons of water. Should help.