losing 20 pounds, what to expect?

Options
hey everyone,

I've been reading some posts about what other people have experienced in their weight loss journey. This has included hitting walls and taking many many months to lose the last ten pounds. I am hoping to hear from people who wanted to lose around 20 pounds. I have already lost 6, and so far I have been chugging along at slightly over 1 pound a week. I am really happy about this.

Have people hit walls with just 20 pounds to lose or has your weight loss been pretty steady? Does anyone have anything that I should 'expect'?

Replies

• talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Would love to know this, too. My goal is as well to lose 20 pounds.. so far i've lost 4 in a month.. so i guess about 1 pound a week as well.. i hope it'l keep up, but it's nice to know what may be possible. Journeys from others on this?
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    I lost 27 pounds since October. My experience was - the more you have to lose the faster it gets. I lost my first 10 pounds pretty quickly and then it was going slow - but it was maneagable. Granted, I wasn't always as good as some people, I went over my kcal goal often (I was at 1220 kcal then) and I didnt do much exercise, only 30 mins walk a day...(and I ate those calories too)

But in the long run, going slow paid off for me.

I have abourt 5 pounds more left to lose and it has been veeery slow - but also, I must admit I haven't been trying for the last month. I am back on the wagon now, hoping to lose the remaining pounds before my summer vacation in july!
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 20 lbs to. Lost my first 9 pretty quick, so we'll see how the next 11 goes. Let me know how things are going for you!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone... the first 10 lbs were easy... all i did was change my eating habits with no excersise... then i hit a plateau... then i joined a gym and the last 10 has been a bit more difficult...

at first i just wanted to loss like 25-30lbs... but since i am almost to my 25 I am going to keep pushing and try to loss 35!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I started off in January to lose 20 pounds and so far from January til May I lost 15lbs on Weight Watchers and in the past week on this site I lost an additional pound but there has been spurts between 13-15lbs I was gaining a pound or two for a couple weeks then losing it then I was steady for a couple weeks now I'm losing again. So, I think when it gets this way we should just change our foods around and exercise routine at least on a weekly basis, I read this helps you lose weight; when you change your foods and exercise routine because your body has to readjust.