Ideal Protein

Options
I tried to do a search on previous topics about this but didn't really find anything...

I have an appt for an orientation about Ideal Protein tonight....

Has anyone tried it? Did you have success? Did you feel hungry? How fast was your weight loss? How much did it cost?

I know most of those questions will probably be answered tonight, but I would like to hear about others experience - good and bad.

If you are not familiar with it here is the website: http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_caen.asp?no=142

Thank you!

Replies

• babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Funny, I posted about this the other day, with no replies....

My BIL, SIL and a friend of mine did the Ideal Protein diet and lost A LOT of weight. My SIL lost about 30-40 lbs. and she has kept it off.

I made an appointment but cancelled it. It's pricey about $80-$100 week, something I can't afford right at this moment.

The diet does work if you follow it!

There is also a forum on it...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Good luck... Let me know how you do on it!!
  • sevelanne
    sevelanne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but would be interested to learn more if you get some more information?
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Funny, I posted about this the other day, with no replies....

My BIL, SIL and a friend of mine did the Ideal Protein diet and lost A LOT of weight. My SIL lost about 30-40 lbs. and she has kept it off.

I made an appointment but cancelled it. It's pricey about $80-$100 week, something I can't afford right at this moment.

The diet does work if you follow it!

There is also a forum on it...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Good luck... Let me know how you do on it!!

Yeah I am not sure how much it's gonna cost - hopefully not too much or I may not be able to do it either...
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of people who have done it and have had great results while on the diet. It is very restrictive and as soon as they have stopped the diet they have gained most of the weight back or more! It was very costly, too.

One of my friends has kept it off because she used it as a way to lose 20 pounds quickly and then joined the gym and weight watchers as a less restrictive and healthier way to lose the weight. Losing that 20 pounds was what she needed to get started and she kept it going!

I personally could never eat the food the Ideal Protein system sells, maybe for a day or two. Some of it has a very strange texture that I don't think I could get down (like their soups...they look like sludge).

I think a healithier way to lose weight that would last a lifetime is to make lifestyle changes; exercising more, counting calories and logging your food on my fitness pal. Enjoy life and don't deprive yourself of anything...just plan for it!
    This has worked very well for me!

If you want a quick jump start and find the food palatable, Ideal Protein may be a good option for you but think of it as a way to get started, not a long time solution.
    If you are using them to plan your meals and tell you what you can eat (and sell it to you also) you are not going to be able to do it on your own. You will gain the weight back once you stop. You want to lose the weight forever so you need to have a plan for life.

Good Luck to you!
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    According to their website:

The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a medically designed protocol that results in fat loss while sparing muscle mass. The protocol was developed in France 25 years ago by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh, MD PhD, who focused his career and research on nutrition with a particular emphasis on the treatment of obesity and obesity related issues.

The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is an easy 4-phase protocol which helps stabilize the pancreas and blood sugar levels while burning fat and maintaining muscle and other lean tissue. This protocol is also an excellent support for cellulite reduction and has been used in well over 2500 Professional Establishments in North America over the last eight years with great success.

Learn to live off of the body's own fat reserves. The body employs energy from three reserves: glycogen (carbohydrate), protein and fats. First from it’s simple and complex carbohydrate reserves and when depleted, turns simultaneously to its protein and fat reserves for energy. A person not in need of weight loss typically has approximately 1-2% of their body's reserves from carbs, approximately 19% from their muscle mass and 79% of their body reserves from fat.

Simple and complex carbohydrates can prevent weight loss. The body stores approximately three days worth of carbohydrates. Because of this, the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method has a beginning and an end. Until 100% of the weight loss goal is achieved, we restrict sugars (simple and complex). Why? Because, as long as sugar is being consumed, the body is not burning fat. It's as simple as that. Remember, the first source of energy is derived from glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves. The main principle is to deplete the glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves completely in order to compel the body to turn to its fat reserve to burn calories.

How do we get the body to burn its fat reserves and not its muscle mass reserves, if both are depleted simultaneously? First, by providing the body with foods that have a high protein value, complete with 8 essential amino acids, 97% absorbable, which make them biologically-complete proteins.

Secondly, by supplementing with nutrient-rich supplements such as Natura Multi-Vita, Natura Calcium & Magnesium and Natura Potassium, key ingredients in muscle building and electrolytes to replace those normally found in foods restricted on the Ideal Protein protocol.

A dieter will feel energized, look vibrant and feel strong. It is no wonder. Given the opportunity for the body’s natural ability to heal itself and showcase its innate and ingenious powers, such as in the way during the protocol the body will return the favor with unparalleled force, radiance and beauty.
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    I know a couple of people who have done it and have had great results while on the diet. It is very restrictive and as soon as they have stopped the diet they have gained most of the weight back or more! It was very costly, too.

One of my friends has kept it off because she used it as a way to lose 20 pounds quickly and then joined the gym and weight watchers as a less restrictive and healthier way to lose the weight. Losing that 20 pounds was what she needed to get started and she kept it going!

I personally could never eat the food the Ideal Protein system sells, maybe for a day or two. Some of it has a very strange texture that I don't think I could get down (like their soups...they look like sludge).

I think a healithier way to lose weight that would last a lifetime is to make lifestyle changes; exercising more, counting calories and logging your food on my fitness pal. Enjoy life and don't deprive yourself of anything...just plan for it!
    This has worked very well for me!

If you want a quick jump start and find the food palatable, Ideal Protein may be a good option for you but think of it as a way to get started, not a long time solution.
    If you are using them to plan your meals and tell you what you can eat (and sell it to you also) you are not going to be able to do it on your own. You will gain the weight back once you stop. You want to lose the weight forever so you need to have a plan for life.

Good Luck to you!

I am just using it as a way to jumpstart my weight loss. I am in the military and I need to lose weight fast or else I risk them kicking me out. Once I am able to jumpstart my weight loss I will continue to eat healthy (like I have been on here) and make it a lifestyle change. I am just in a different situation than most being in the military. I do not have a year to lose the weight from my recent pregnancy, I have less than 3 months now. I have lost 19 on my own but I am still overweight according to the military.
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    On the site that I posted for you there is a topic on doing the program using alternative products, and it works out to be cheaper. Check it out, it may help to get you started!

good luck
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    Have you read Lyle McDonald's "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" or his "The Ketogenic Diet"?