I'm almost twenty....will i get saggy skin??

Jawwdan
Jawwdan Posts: 19
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys,
I'm just wondering... i've been loosing around 3 pounds per week and i'm worried incase i get saggy skin? I worked out by September i should have hopefully lost another 3 stone (as long as i reach my 3 pound per week goal). Will my skin sag??

Replies

• Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Depends on your skin, and how much you have to lose. I know someone on here that lost over 100 pounds and her skin doesn't sag because she lost it slowly, over multiple years. You're quite young (we are the same age) and your skin might just snap back.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    The younger you are, the better shot you have of your skin snapping back. How long and how much you've been overweight also plays a role, as does your amount of exercise.

With 80 pounds to lose, it may not all snap back, but your youth is definitely on your side! I'd guess that even if it doesn't all bounce back, most of it would.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Make sure that you're drinking plenty of water. I know that sounds stupid but it really does help to give your skin the elasticity that it needs and it keeps your skin healthy. I know several people on here who have lost 100+ pounds and their skin is not saggy because they did it slowly and in a healthy manner. Good luck to you!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I have lost over 46lbs in the last 2 years and don't have saggy skin. Working out, keeping your skin moisturized and drinking lots of water will help.

Goodk Luck.
  • fmeisele
    fmeisele Posts: 55 Member
    I lost 105lbs at 45 and my skin snapped back except for a bit around my waist, hardly noticable. I believe that drinking water kept my skin hydrated and allowed it the elasticity to snap back.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    There are several factors (this comes from a girl who lost over 140lbs in her 20's).

1. Age- the younger you are, the more elasticity you have.
    2. Smoking- if you are a smoker- your skin will be less elastic.
    3. Yo-yo dieting- someone who has drastically yo-yoed with have less skin elasticity.
    4. Time taken to lose weight- slower weight loss allows for the body top adjust.
    5. Exercise- of course, this helps tone the skin.
    6. Length of time being overweight- the longer you were heavy, the less elastic the skin.
    7. Amount of weight lost- 100+ pounds lost will have more loose skin than 30lbs.
    8. Children- if you have had pregnancies/children then your stomach skin will be less elastic.

There are a few things you can do to help- plenty of water, exercise, not smoking, using cocoa butter cream, losing it slowly. But at the end of the day it is down to the individual.
This discussion has been closed.