Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in - December 12

Options
Christmas is a week from Tuesday. It jumps out at me from behind the stairs every year. This is also the time of year I start to stress. I need to step back, realize what is important, and do that first. Exercise is high on my list!

Yesterday I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and a 1 mile walk (with my 1 minute jog).

I've made a plan for my vacation. I will not count calories, but I will eat sensibly. If I order dessert - my weakness - I will enjoy every bite, and not feel guilty - I will not eat dessert every day. I will plan my desserts and my meals. I will exercise 500 calories a day.

Best of luck to your Christmas plans! Exercise until you're no longer stressed!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Christmas is a week from Tuesday. It jumps out at me from behind the stairs every year. This is also the time of year I start to stress. I need to step back, realize what is important, and do that first. Exercise is high on my list!

Yesterday I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and a 1 mile walk (with my 1 minute jog).

I've made a plan for my vacation. I will not count calories, but I will eat sensibly. If I order dessert - my weakness - I will enjoy every bite, and not feel guilty - I will not eat dessert every day. I will plan my desserts and my meals. I will exercise 500 calories a day.

Best of luck to your Christmas plans! Exercise until you're no longer stressed!
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks for starting the thread Mary. My boys slept in until almost 8! :happy: Don't remember the last time I got to sleep that late!

Yesterday I got in some walking as I had some shopping to do. I also rode my bike at a vigorous pace for 30 min AND thanks to my 3 year old, I did the warm-up, cool-down & 20 min of Denise Austin's Five-Minute Target Toners (all for the upper body). He was so cute as I said we were going to watch Mommy's show now and he came running out with his little 1 lb weight and said "Okay, let's warm-up." That wasn't exactly the show I had in mind but I'm glad he motivated me to get some weight training in.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    :drinker: Here's to some stress-reducing exercise filled days for us all!!!
    Niccole
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday I was ICED in! But it was okay because Monday night I did an hour and fifteen minutes on the treadmill (incline from 3-9) and burned 575 calories! Then yesterday morning (being at home) I did a half hour on my elliptical (150 calories) and then a 10 minute ab video and squats/lunges for an additional 20 minutes. So, I felt pretty good. Tonight I am not going to make it to the gym because my husband and I are taking our christmas photos. But, we'll see how it goes and if I have enough time, I will do one of my work out videos at home. But, tomorrow, I am planning on trying a spinning class!!!:bigsmile: Wish me luck!

*kistinbee*
  • tflavin3
    Options
    spinning is great!!! Bring a BIG bottle of water. It always makes me hungry (the problem with exercise) so I always have a healthy snack prepared for me ahead for when I get home. That way I do not pick at ingredients while whipping something up. I usually make a smoothie and store it in the fridge. Good luck.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My trick is to eat before spinning (a light snack about an hour before). Otherwise, I get crazy hungry afterwards.

Anyways, today was:
    my 40 minute walk to the gym
    and 80 minutes on the eliptical (there was a show on the TV I got into, so I went to the end of it!)
    and then 20 minutes of weights. I am so tired! (but no longer stressed, so it must have worked)

It was so nice to exercise in the daylight! There was actually sun this morning, but it had gone by the time I was on my way home from the gym.

I am freaking out that December is almost half over. I haven't even started my shopping.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I pigged out at lunch and ate too much, so I'm getting ready to spend an hour plus burning it off!

Everyone is doing an amazing job, you made it half-way; if you haven't been good, start now, you still have time to make this week productive! :flowerforyou:

I have my first holiday parties tomorrow and Sunday; any tips on how you all have stayed (hmm, I have strayed on my mind already :tongue: ) would be helpful.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    My son "borrowed" my DVD player for the day so I didn't get to do my Hip Hop Abs but I still rode my bike & worked out on my Bowflex.