12 week challenge...anyone??

Options
13»

Replies

• cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    Hi everyone! hope you're all ok! I'm properly in the 'zone'!! Its my birthday this weekend but I plan to work out each morning to make up for the excessive drinking!!

Hopefully have a loss by mon weigh in..
  • kheaudet
    kheaudet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever had a day when they just *knew* the weight was never going to come off and therefore it didn't matter what or when they ate? I had one of those days yesterday. Ate too much of the wrong stuff for the wrong reasons. Boo. Saturday mornings is when I take my measurements. I did lose in the bust, but gained in the abdomen. WAAAAA I've worked out really hard a couple of days this week and my muscles are still retaining water, so the scale isn't budging either. I guess the good thing is that the scale isn't going up, right?

I'm a SAHM and I do alright eating at home, but when I go out to run errands or shopping or something, I almost always rationalize a trip to Subway (since it's healthy, right?! LOL) and that turns into rationalizing other snacks and treats and pretty soon it's crackers and butter at 10:30PM. Boo. I guess it's something I need to learn about myself and prepare for it. Plan a little better, right?

Any great ideas out there to help get me over this hump? I've done it twice in two weeks now.
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Monday morning weigh in for me......

Drum roll please.............I lost 1lb, :ohwell: a little disappointing, but only for me as I feel that I let myself down, by having a bit of a blow-out, unintentionally, but it was an unplanned meal at friends so lots of high calorie/fat foods as they didn't know I was watching my food intake etc, ah well, all done now, back to it this week, aims for the week:

1. Run for 30 minutes on teh treadmill every night
    2. Do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Wii Zumba on alternating nights (for the toning)
    3. Lose 3 lbs this week :happy:

How did everyone else do this week?
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    My weigh in ....... I've lost 2 pounds since we started this. Yay!! I usually don't do so well on the weekends, but my first mini goal is coming up, so I didnt' "cheat", no alcohol, no pop - you get the picure. :flowerforyou:
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ya hoo! Thanks for letting me join. Definitely want to look svelt by my Sept. 11 vaca. :-)

Current weight: 192
    Current dress size: 16W or 18

Will weigh in again on Thursday, 5/26/11
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in was Saturday.. I did not lose weight this week :-( I lost 0.5" off my hips and waist though. I just started Insanity last Monday, so I am sure my muscles/body is retaining a bit of water while adapting to the new program. I am trying not to be too hard on myself and practice what I preach... Easier said than done. I am glad that I have this 12-week challenge for additional motivation. I am not gonna make any changes to my calorie goals unless I do not lose again next week. I am just trying to ensure that I am giving 100% to each one of my Insanity workouts this week..

I am setting a mini-goal of 150lbs or size 6 by July 4th. Hope I can make it!
  • kheaudet
    kheaudet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yeah...didn't lose a thing. Bummer. Been at this weight now for 12 days. I am ready to break this plateau. Worked out a lot last week and feel like my muscles were retaining water. so next week should have a great loss, right?
  • butterfly0516
    butterfly0516 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies - may I join? SW & CW is 242 as of today May 23.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    2 pounds so far 160- 158....
  • tinytotnot
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well, congrats :drinker:

Anyone got any burning tips they want to share, new exercises to try etc. As from 01 June 2011 I am planning on a 30 minute swim before work, then a 32 minute run after work, and then alternating days of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Wii on the Zumba, trying to mix things up and get some good fat burn in there too :happy:
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    good plan..i am starting ripped in 30 on monday for 30 days and turbo jam for extra cardio. if i have additional energy i will take a day or two and run.....i feel like my progress is slow...i am going to rededicate myself in june.
  • sjackson902
    Options
    Current wt: 188
    Clothing size: 16! No more W. Woo hoo!

Goal: Hope to work out at least 5 times this week.
  • tinytotnot
    Options
    Hello All

Late with the weigh-in this week as I went to Scotland for 5 days, and to my surprise I still managed to lose 1lb, very happy with this as I always eat way too much food and all the bad stuff as I miss it so much!!!

How are you all doing?
  • sjackson902
    Options
    Late with the weigh-in this week as I went to Scotland for 5 days, and to my surprise I still managed to lose 1lb, very happy with this as I always eat way too much food and all the bad stuff as I miss it so much!!!

Excellent job! I'd say that is a huge success. Everytime I travel I eat more and definitely DO NOT lose weight. LOL
  • natalie015
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'm def in! I need motivation to keep up a low carb diet and stop binge eating every week. I have gained 30 pounds after coming off the pill and just got diagnosed with PCOS, so the more motivation the better! Thanks!! :)
  • sjackson902
    Options
    (Week two for me.)

CW: 186.25 lbs
    Dress size: 16

Total lost since beginning challenge: 5.75 lbs

Didn't get to work out like I'd hoped so my exercise goal for this upcoming week is the same - four times before next weigh-in.

Good luck everyone!