Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I understand why this place works

stacystar
stacystar Posts: 175 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
MFP is very habit forming. I want to read all the post and leave comments (maybe I just like the sound of my own typed words) But I get why it works--I'm so busy looking and reading and typing that there is no way I'm going to be able to put something in my mouth. I think I'm going to have to make it a reward to come here. I can only come to the message board after I have done some form of exercise!!

I think it really works because it feels so comfortable--nice people with a common goal--it's good to be home! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• stacystar
    MFP is very habit forming. I want to read all the post and leave comments (maybe I just like the sound of my own typed words) But I get why it works--I'm so busy looking and reading and typing that there is no way I'm going to be able to put something in my mouth. I think I'm going to have to make it a reward to come here. I can only come to the message board after I have done some form of exercise!!

I think it really works because it feels so comfortable--nice people with a common goal--it's good to be home! :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I hear ya!! Its keeping me busy so I cant eat! Im hungry right now but I dont even notice while on here hahaha welcome anyways! Nice to meet you! :bigsmile:
  • stacystar
    Nice meeting you as well.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Welcome and good luck with your weight loss.

Betty
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I see you have already lost 11lbs.. from here or on your own?
  • stacystar
    I started on my own on 7/6/2008 by blogging on my myspace page. I needed to make it public so that I would be accountable. So far I have only had losses every week (ok there was the week that I didn't lose or gain) I grabbed the weight loss tracker to put on my sight a few or weeks ago and didn't realize what all MFP was about. It came just in time--I'd hit a stand still and needed some insperation.

I'm not a calorie counter (I do the points thingy, well at least I'm suppose to be doing that, I haven't been writting down food intake in my little journal) I'm not sure how I like the calorie thing yet, but I may just do a bit of both. The suport really is what works the best for me. Knowing that I'm not going through it alone. Talking to someone who really understands. I have a great network of close friends who try to support but some of them have never had to loose more than 10 - 15 pounds and don't get what it's like to be over 200 lbs.

So that's my chapter--

Okay I really need to go to bed now.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome!!! It is such an easy place to keep track of things...Glad you love it too! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.