Hello everyone!

maritimemom
maritimemom Posts: 192
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Sonia and I'm in serious need of some motivation and support. I live in Canada, I am 31 years old and I'm married with 2 kids. I have a great job (that I love) as a library assistant and I'm happy with most aspects of my life, but the one thing that I would like to change is my weight. I have "tried" many times and end up losing all motivation and momentum and go back to my old ways. I'll do really well for a week or two and that's it. My worse time of the day is in the evening. After the kids go to bed and my husband is at work (he works the graveyard shift), I eat, eat, and eat. I'll be the first one to admit I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm mad, sad, happy, bored etc. I think about food most of the day.

My girls are now 8 and 3 and they say the same-sex parent is the most influential in a child's life. I want/need to make changes now so I can be a role model for my girls. I want to be comfortable in my own skin and not have worry about my thighs rubbing together and my muffin top hanging out. Most importantly, I want to be healthy.

To be realistic, I'm setting my goal weight at 150lbs. I'm at about 217 right now so that means I have 67lbs to lose. I have not been 150lbs since 2001, so about 10 years.

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Hello and welcome! Good Luck to you, this is a great site!
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Hello and welcome! Good Luck to you, this is a great site!
  • my husband work till 11pm, the kids go to bed at 7 pm, so i have the same problem i eat because im bored, add me as a friend if you like and we can trry motivateand support each other to reach our goals x x x
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me for support :) MFP is a great site with lots of great people!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    I'm an evening eater as well. Even if I think I'm only going to have a few pretzels, I start raiding the cupboards for some reason.
    It's so hard to do, but I am finding that it takes alot of self restraint when I shop, but if I only have healthier foods in the house,
    I can't fill up on junk. Being on this website has finally helped me start losing some weight and having more self control b/c
    I have to write down what I eat for all to see. I hope this site really encourages you!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Sonia, I know you can succeed at anything you put your mind to. Remember food isnt the enemy, its making choices. It isnt about what we eat or when we eat its about how we eat. How much, how often we eat junk, how we control the choices we make to make a difference in our lives. Your girls are amazing little women just like their mom. Im glad you have started this journey to a life change, because a diet isnt realistic, its teaching yourself how to eat differently, how to portion control everything you put in your mouth, how to think about your choices.
    So it begins for you and you can make it to your goal with support drive devotion and your dream.
    HUGS
This discussion has been closed.