C25K; Makes you a runner AND slimmer?

Options
MsP90X
MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
Hello all you C25K graduates... I am on week 4 and feel really good about my accomplishments so far. My question is if you saw a change in your body when doing this program? If so at what week did you start to see the changes?

Replies

• StartingOver4Me
    Options
    BUMP
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 of C25k and running has really helped to shape my legs for the better. I carry a lot of my weight in my lower body and when I started running I went from a size 12 to a size 10!!!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I am only on week 3 but have noticed my hip saddlebags are smaller! I also have ankles again :)
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi!
    Well, I did see amazing results. but i dont know if it was only from C25k. I did that program with a variety of others (i.e. kickboxing, zumba, toning, elliptical, cardio intervals). When I started the program I was about 240 lbs. Yah, pretty much I was the big girl on the treadmill actually trying to jog. I have now been done with the program for a few weeks. I run 30 min twice/ three times a week. Although I am not a super sprinter, I can keep a steady jog for the whole time without stopping, or feeling like I am going to die. It definatly gets you tone. There is something about jogging... it does something to your body that nothing else can do. When you finish, and officially embark on your journey you will know exactly what I mean. Good luck, keep jogging, and dont quit (unless you puke, die or faint) in the words of jillian michaels.
  • MsP90X
    Options
    Thanks Christina, that is what I wanted to know. I too have the same issue so I am excited to hear this!

Anyone else?
  • MsP90X
    Options
    These are great success stories... thanks everyone!
  • berriman
    berriman Posts: 15
    Options
    I did the C25K last year. I was very unfit before I started it!

I noticed a difference in general fitness by about week 3 and would say I lost about 5lbs by the end of week 4 or 5. I was running every other day, rather than 3 times a week and watching my calorie intake too.

Over the course of the C25K program I lost about 10lbs which I was very pleased with.

More importantly, my friends/colleagues noticed a difference, saying I was looking much healthier within a month or so of starting the C25K.

Also, by the time I'd finished it I'd really caught the running bug and went on to run a 10K and half marathon, and am doing my first full marathon on the 22nd of this month!

Stick with it, it's a great program to get you in to running and does what it says on the tin if you follow it properly.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    C25K for me, taught me that I CAN still run at the age of 49, and it wasn't so much how I looked but how I felt. I can now run up to ten miles without tiring, and C25K gave me the confidence. The first 5k was in the gym and I sweated buckets. So far I lost 24lb, 2" from my waist and 3.5" from my chest. C25K is a fantastic confidence booster, that will hopefully encourage people to run more and get fitter...

Best regards, David
  • MsP90X
    Options
    I did the C25K last year. I was very unfit before I started it!

I noticed a difference in general fitness by about week 3 and would say I lost about 5lbs by the end of week 4 or 5. I was running every other day, rather than 3 times a week and watching my calorie intake too.

Over the course of the C25K program I lost about 10lbs which I was very pleased with.

More importantly, my friends/colleagues noticed a difference, saying I was looking much healthier within a month or so of starting the C25K.

Also, by the time I'd finished it I'd really caught the running bug and went on to run a 10K and half marathon, and am doing my first full marathon on the 22nd of this month!

Stick with it, it's a great program to get you in to running and does what it says on the tin if you follow it properly.

That is AMAZING! I would love to hear about your marathon and how you made out!!

Good luck!
  • berriman
    berriman Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks! It's hard going but I found by giving myself new goals, it was easier to keep running. Not lost much more weight since I finished the C25K due to a love of chocolate, but I'm much much fitter!

There's no way I could have managed it without the C25K program though, as that gave me the initial focus to get started. I hated running when I first started it, but once I started seeing progress and improvements in my health, I was hooked and actually look forward to running now!

I've also managed to give up smoking (9 days now) and have raised lots of cash for charities through the races I've done. It's a win win.

Keep it up!