weigh-in and T.O.M.

Options
Mely
Mely Posts: 166 Member
Yesterday I weighed myself and saw my first real loss after about 10 days. I'd lost about 1.8 pounds. Today is my offical weigh-in but I'm now *UP* 1 pound. Before weighing myself I noticed that I just got my T.O.M. I'm guessing that the 24 hour gain is water weight?? I'm asking b/c I take Yasmin pills and my doctor always said I shouldn't have any PMS since the pill changes the whole body so that you aren't ovulating etc.

Can anyone comment on this and also, should I put in yesterday's weight or today's?

Replies

• Mely
    Options
    Yesterday I weighed myself and saw my first real loss after about 10 days. I'd lost about 1.8 pounds. Today is my offical weigh-in but I'm now *UP* 1 pound. Before weighing myself I noticed that I just got my T.O.M. I'm guessing that the 24 hour gain is water weight?? I'm asking b/c I take Yasmin pills and my doctor always said I shouldn't have any PMS since the pill changes the whole body so that you aren't ovulating etc.

Can anyone comment on this and also, should I put in yesterday's weight or today's?
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    when we cycle, our cells actually swell and hold more water volume. When I weigh on my body fat scale during that time, it says 78 percent total body water. I usually can only get to 44 any other time. So my blood cells hold that much more water. Oh, and I don't have pms or cramps since I started working out heavily.
  • Mely
    Options
    My doctor keeps saying there shouldn't be any PMS with Yasmin b/c you aren't having a real cycle and period. You take the pill for 21 days which prevents you from ovulating and in the 7 days you go off it, you body reacts by bleeding due to the hormone change. Yasmin is apparently the only BCP that uses a synthetic hormone which I can't remember the name (starts with a D) which is meant to reduce water retention.

All that being said, I checked through old notes I kept on past diets and although the pattern isn't exactly the same each month (sometimes I gain a couple of days b/f TOM sometimes the day it arrives and the next day it goes away), I do have up to 2 pounds of water gain each month which quickly dissapears. I'll try to report back tomorrow!