Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

weigh-in and T.O.M.

Mely
Mely Posts: 166 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Yesterday I weighed myself and saw my first real loss after about 10 days. I'd lost about 1.8 pounds. Today is my offical weigh-in but I'm now *UP* 1 pound. Before weighing myself I noticed that I just got my T.O.M. I'm guessing that the 24 hour gain is water weight?? I'm asking b/c I take Yasmin pills and my doctor always said I shouldn't have any PMS since the pill changes the whole body so that you aren't ovulating etc.

Can anyone comment on this and also, should I put in yesterday's weight or today's?

Replies

• Mely
    Yesterday I weighed myself and saw my first real loss after about 10 days. I'd lost about 1.8 pounds. Today is my offical weigh-in but I'm now *UP* 1 pound. Before weighing myself I noticed that I just got my T.O.M. I'm guessing that the 24 hour gain is water weight?? I'm asking b/c I take Yasmin pills and my doctor always said I shouldn't have any PMS since the pill changes the whole body so that you aren't ovulating etc.

Can anyone comment on this and also, should I put in yesterday's weight or today's?
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    when we cycle, our cells actually swell and hold more water volume. When I weigh on my body fat scale during that time, it says 78 percent total body water. I usually can only get to 44 any other time. So my blood cells hold that much more water. Oh, and I don't have pms or cramps since I started working out heavily.
  • Mely
    My doctor keeps saying there shouldn't be any PMS with Yasmin b/c you aren't having a real cycle and period. You take the pill for 21 days which prevents you from ovulating and in the 7 days you go off it, you body reacts by bleeding due to the hormone change. Yasmin is apparently the only BCP that uses a synthetic hormone which I can't remember the name (starts with a D) which is meant to reduce water retention.

All that being said, I checked through old notes I kept on past diets and although the pattern isn't exactly the same each month (sometimes I gain a couple of days b/f TOM sometimes the day it arrives and the next day it goes away), I do have up to 2 pounds of water gain each month which quickly dissapears. I'll try to report back tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.