HELP! I think im becoming skinny fat!

Options
Hey guys so I fear that I am becoming skinny fat now that I am close to my goal (6lbs). I still dont have the toning I want. I dont have a gym membership and wonder what I can do to keep this from happening. Any workout suggestions would be great.

Replies

• LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Invest in a gym membership.. so worth it... it gives you versitility in your workouts
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing a lot about Jillian's 30 day shred. It's a DVD you could do at home.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN extreme is awesome!!
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I totally reccommend P90X! You just need dumb bells and/or resistance bands. You can get a pull up bar if you like.... I know people that do it without the pull up bar but I don't know how. I use mine but I cheat with a chair still. Can't quite do a pull up on my own yet!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, squats and lunges will help. Google bodyweight exercises and you'll get tons of ideas. Bodybuilding.com is also a great site but you will need freeweights or access to a gym for their routines. Good Luck!
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would prefer not to invest in a membership, I have the shred along with no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism. I guess I just need to light a fire under my butt and JUST DO IT lol
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I would advise against a gym membership.. My mom and I signed up for a 2 year contract and have barely gone in that time. Maybe we go 3-4 times a month tops. There are so many things you can do at home. Videos like 30 Day shred, P90X, get some weights at Walmart. I do a mix of 30DS and Zumba. I also have Turbo Jam and will do that next.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options

what is this?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

what is this?

it's a beachbody product by chalene johnson
    it's all about lifting weights, toning your body, & burning fat by gaining lean muscle.
    i love it
  • bwdower
    bwdower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've done 90X and other at home workouts. They are okay, but you cant beat going to the gym. First thing you do is get the memebership, then go get some new workout clothes (TJ Max is a good place if you have them). Then start going. Classes are good or get a workout from http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/main.html to follow. Focus on strength training. You wont get big so don't worry about that. Just make going a habbit. Depending on how often you go add in some cardio one or two days a week too. Make sure you are getting enough protien too.

This worked for my wife and her friend.... The getting new clothes will help you feel good and get going.
  • bwdower
    bwdower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fitzgerald-GA/Training-With-Tonya/231103626354

That is my facebook fan page for my personal training business. No, I'm not trying to sell you anything. It is totally free to go to my fan page and do the exercise videos and workout cards on there at home. :wink: There are like 3 dozen workout cards and several videos. They will give you variety to your workouts. In addition to that, I will say that you need to get some heavy weights. There's no such thing as toning. You are either building muscle or you aren't building muscle. If you've used light weights before (which I think you might have since you said you have Shred and other videos), then you've probably already maxed out at the amount of muscle you can build with them. Increase the weight and you will see results in more definition in your muscles. No, you won't bulk up. The increases at first will be glycogen and water storage and after a long time you may increase muscle fiber size. It's hard to build enough in the muscle fibers to see bulk, especially in women, so go as heavy as you can stand. Be aware though, that you will see a decrease in your scale loss or even a gain on the scale from the added glycogen storage. This is normal. Quit focusing on the scale and focus on how your body looks (muscle shape and definition), measurements and how your clothes fit, and body fat % instead. They are better indicators of health and fitness then weight.
  • Veele_
    Veele_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I personally am against exercise videos and gimmicky home equipment. I've yet to meet a person who has stuck to exercise like this for life. Find an exercise form you enjoy, be it walking, running, cycling, pilates, swimming etc. If it gets you out the house, all the better, you won't have chores and TV to distract you.

Being injured has made me appreciate how much of a stress buster my running is to me. All you need for walking or jogging is a pair of trainers and a good sports bra (ladies only of course). Cheap as chips, friends can join you for company and it won't get too cramped in the living room.

Lunges, squats, press ups etc are a good compliment to cardio and will strengthen your muscles.
  • lyn267
    lyn267 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump