Hi :)

Options
Aiffy
Aiffy Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster :)

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm so glad I've found MyFitnessPal.

After years and years of yo-yo dieting, I reached the highest weight I've ever been last month. At 25 years old and 5'5" I was 217 lbs, and suddenly realised that if I didn't start taking this seriously, I'd end up squandering the second half of my 20s just as I squandered the first half.

I'm also finishing university this year and really didn't want to go out into the real world looking and feeling as bad as I did.

A friend directed me towards MFP, and my eyes were opened to what I had been doing to myself. In two weeks, I've lost 8 lbs, left the 210s club, and feel like a new person. I still have a lot of work to do, but I know now that I will never go back to the way I was eating before I found MFP. The iPhone app is also a Godsend, and I use it every day when I'm out of the house.

All your success stories are a complete inspiration, and I'm looking forward to a long, happy, healthy relationship with MFP.

Aiffy x

Replies

• Robadobasaurus
    Options
    Good work, keep it up!
  • tree1984
    tree1984 Posts: 29
    Options
    Congrats that is so awesome.. I have a similar story... I am 26 and I have been trying to diet since I do not know when. I recently graduated and am currently finishing up my FIRST year as a teacher. I too was tired of being overweight... ever sense I joined MFP I have seen the most results. I am currently down 22 pounds since January 2nd... Can't wait to see the results after the next year!!!

The best of luck to you!!!!
  • Aiffy
    Aiffy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same to you and congratulations on your success :)