Exercise for your body shape

thust377
thust377 Posts: 13
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Exercises for your shape
Fierce lyrics by Lady Gaga like, “God makes no mistakes, I’m on the right track baby I was born this way,” attest to that no matter your shape or size, genetics determine the shape of our bodies and we have to make the most of it. There are ways to create your specific body type into the shape you love and can be proud of. Women have 6 common body shapes: Hourglass, A frame, H frame, V frames, Ruler and Apple. Each shape carries their weight in a different place, and therefor present different challenges. Here’s the skinny on how to make the most of your body shape by following these simple recommendations:

• Hourglass figure – You should be focusing on both cardio and strength training. Cardio will help keep your weight in check, while the weight training helps you maintain the balance you already have between your upper and lower body. Try exercises like jogging, biking, swimming, bicep curls, shoulder press, and squats.
• A shape – This body type carries most of their weight in the hips, thighs, and butt. People with this body shape should avoid exercises that will increase muscle size in the lower body. So if you love the stair climber – you may want to find a new exercise to do. Experiment with the elliptical or the treadmill, without an incline. When weight training, target the upper body to help balance your body shape.
• H frame – People with this shape have larger hips and shoulders. If you have this body shape, try to focus on minimizing your waist. Include the treadmill or stair stepper for cardio and when strength training, concentrate on the lower body. Squats and leg press are great exercises for your shape.
• V frame – Women with this body shape have shoulders that are wider than their hips. If you have this body type, your goal is to build up the lower body to even out your body shape. The step machine is a good way to burn calories and build leg muscles. When adding weight training pin point focus on the lower body.
• Ruler shape – Your shape is usually equally thin from top to bottom. If you have this shape, adding weight and curves may be a challenge. The majority of your training should be weight training; too much cardio will just minimize your body more. Aim for weight training on your entire body, building muscle will help bring out the curves.
• Apple frame- This shape is bigger in the chest and stomach, but smaller in the arms and legs. Allow for lots of cardio that will burn fat and tone your body. Beneficial exercises would be the step machine and the treadmill with an incline. Building more defined leg muscles will help balance your shape, so when weight training focus on the lower body.

The trick is to understand and appreciate what body shape you are, and then learn how your body reacts to certain exercise. Keep in mind that when you are weight training you should always incorporate a full body weight training program, but put more emphasis in places that will help build even proportions. Regular exercise with a weight lifting program and a healthy low fat diet will help you achieve lasting results and make you feel better about how you look at any size.

Replies

• flstatefl5
    flstatefl5 Posts: 10 Member
    Great post!! This comes on a day when I am discouraged after increasing my activity the past few days only to step on the scale to find that I gained a pound. Very discouraging - but I'm just gonna keep plugging away.

Thank you for sharing...
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    bump
This discussion has been closed.