I need answers

Options
I have been. 1500 calories and running 5 miles a day for about three weeks and then this last week I have gained four pounds. Prior to 1500 I was at 1400 and still hungry for all the running I was doing and my body didn't like that little of calories. When I went up to 1500 I lost three pounds pretty quickly. If anybody has any ideas,please answer. I have lost a total of 13 pounds and don't like gaining any back. Yes, I am still eating the same foods.

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    What was your calorie burn from your running? Did you add those calories (most of them) back into the calories you need to eat everyday?
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You should probably open up your diary so people can make suggestions.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you're running so much? Seems excessive IMO. I would switch out a few days of running for strength training.

Also, if you're gaining weight, you must be eating too much. You certainly aren't gaining muscle by strictly running.Are you sure you're tracking every single calorie?
  • lizplawman
    lizplawman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I burn about 586 and yes I do add those in and try to eat them all back. I might leave about 150.
  • propjetprop
    propjetprop Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Open the diary....

Your question is impossible to answer or give opinion on unless we can see what you are putting in.......

1500 calories of crap once a day is totally different than 1500 calories of high fiber natual wholesome food...
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would change some things up, different work out and different foods . You need to shock your body into change
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    No, it is probably not that you eat to much - it is because you exercise the same muscle groups too often (they don't have time to repair themselves in between). They hold on to water and also you might need to eat back your exercise calories. Seems like you don't do that now. The body needs fuel...