Options
    No thread started yet????? :noway:

Check in, slackers!!!!! :tongue:

(being on injured reserve is fun!) :bigsmile:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey runners,

We got back from Jamaica late Monday night. It was sooooo fun! I loved everything about it there. The people are beautiful, the scenery is amazing, and it was so fun hanging out with my family. It was hard to leave.

I did pretty well while I was there. I didn't gain any weight even though I ate pretty much what I wanted. I just try not to go overboard and to eat healthy things as much as possible. I think I might finally be getting the hang of knowing approximately how many calories I'm eating without logging them in. I also worked out five days out of the seven we were gone, so that helped me earn more calories too.

I hope everybody here had a great week while I was gone. What happened Shannon? How did you get injured?

By the way, your margarita was great! I drank it at a swim up bar!:drinker:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning beautiful Runners!:flowerforyou: :heart:
    Yeah, I am so happy!!!:bigsmile:
    Because of my doctors appointment this morning I get to leave later than usual and got to run. I ran 5 miles this morning. It was a little tougher than usual with me not getting as many chances to run lately, but I will be going in two days again and I am hoping to go a little longer then. It was a great work out, really worked up a sweat.:tongue:
    Oh and with this getting back into school it is kind of funny. Busses and once in a while I pass a kid or two. The other day I wanted to tell these two boys (not walking together) that they should wear cologne, not it wear them. :noway: Wow, Thanks for sharing boys, at least they care how they smell though right?
    Have a lovely day runners, off to the doctors I go.
    SM

Oh I average 11:44 minute miles. One of these days I might break 11, but at least I am staying below 12.:drinker:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

Nice pic there!!!:heart:

Oh and for those who wonder, the MFP calories burned is so right on to what my HRM says I burn. It is amazing to come back and be able to see how close it is. I burned 661 not counting the cool down time and stuff, and when I put it in to the MFP it came back with 658. WOW!!!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I am one of those slackers. Our group ran this morning at 5:30 but when the alarm went off at 5:00 I just didn't have it in to get up so I stayed in bed until 6:30. That is sleeping in for me. :laugh:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options

I tried to but MFP wasn't working! I couldn't ge the site to come up! :-P

Got up at 6am for "Fat-Burning Pilates." It's a great workout video by Ellen ... something. Forget her last name. No run for me today - I am SORE from sprints yesterday!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Terry! :heart:

Good job on your run, SM! :drinker: Your comment on cologne made me laugh! :laugh:

Good for you doing the video, Slender. I guess it's just me & Sherry being the slugs so far! :bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I had to run at 9 am today.

Note to self: doing a tempo run at 9 am in 85 degree temps is brutal.

I ran a 7 mile tempo run. Mile 1 was the warm up. Then I ran 5 miles comfortably hard. Finally, I ran a mile to cool down.

I took a beating today. It was sunny, hot, and humid. I ran out of water. Plus, since it's not normally sunny when I run, I forgot to apply sunscreen.:frown:

Enjoy the day everyone
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran 3 miles this morning and went to spinning class.
  • Slender1
    Options

Good job on your run, SM! :drinker: Your comment on cologne made me laugh! :laugh:

Good for you doing the video, Slender. I guess it's just me & Sherry being the slugs so far! :bigsmile:

You're not a slug ... just a gimp at the moment. :) But you will be healed soon!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

You're not a slug ... just a gimp at the moment. :) But you will be healed soon!!!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

It's feeling a lot better. Gonna test the waters Saturday morning! :bigsmile:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Shannon a 5K is testing the waters? Wow, you are not a slug or a gimp. :wink: I am doing pilates this morning and walking (ie gimping along) with my running group tonight.
    Bunny
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    3 miles today for me and body pump tonight! I :heart: body pump :happy:

Shannon, how's the bike? :wink: Oh well just a couple more days and you can test the waters, I hope that darn foot works by then!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, had great intentions y'day, but with a party last nite, those intentions didn't seem so good this morning! So a rest day for me.

Strawberry Margarita: I hear you on the cologne thing. Hate it at they gym when someone walks by drenched in perfume. Makes me want to puke sometimes!

Carol
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. I'm working up to a 5k for the first time in 15 years. Today is my rest day. So I'm going swimming with my daughter and to taekwondo this evening...

Is that even a rest?
  • Slender1
    Options
    No running for me today. I'm working up to a 5k for the first time in 15 years. Today is my rest day. So I'm going swimming with my daughter and to taekwondo this evening...

Is that even a rest?

LOL Rest from running, maybe, but certainly not REST!

I consider rest sleeping. :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I think I'm coming down w/ a cold. I thought it was allergies, but now I feel crummier as the day has gone on! Sore throat, itchy eyes, runny nose, etc. UGH! I guess I'm due for a rest day, but I hate it! Run for me, everyone!

Jess
  • LeelaStar
    Options
    I have injured my knee through running (my own fault - not stretching, etc.), so I can't run as much as I want to. This morning, I did walk/run intervals for a little over an hour, and the knee seems OK with that, thank goodness!

A friend and I are planning on taking the "Learn to Run" clinic from our local Running Room, and I am super excited about it!! It starts in September and I can't wait! :bigsmile:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Hey running friends!

I ran the longest 4 miles of my life today. Ever watch Scooby Doo and see him cut and eat the fog? Well, that was me and my running buddy. Dark, foggy, muggy....UGH. We were going to go 7 miles and at 3 1/2 I said, you know...I am fine with stopping at 4 and walking 1. Normally I would say that we "quick" but I am telling myself that I was no longer able to breath water as I am not a fish.

:grumble: :laugh: :grumble: :laugh: :grumble: :laugh:

Happy Running!

Ali
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I guess most of you wont be reading this since it is so late but I am still here! Have had a bad week - no workouts no running - bad week.

Can I go all week without running and still do the 10K on Sunday?

So glad to see some new members checking in and old members too (ALI! )

Miss you all tons and tons!!!
    Hopefully next week will be better - can't get any worse!

Tricia