Mio?

Options
mogenfire
mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
Anyone tried Mio? It's pretty tasty. Pros? Cons?

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything that is not natural....the colors are neon, it scares me.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything that is not natural....the colors are neon, it scares me.

I agree. The food dyes are not good for us and neither are the other labratory made chemicals that are in those products.

Why not put some lemon, lime, orange, peach slices, cucumber, etc in your water?????
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I drink it from time to time. It's not gonna kill you. I like to change it up and don't want to drink plain water every day or lemon flavored water. It's still better than soda.
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but I'm not attracted to it because I don't much like Crystal Light or any of those other calorie free water flavorers. I prefer plain water, or just lemon/lime carbonated water with no sweetener at all. If I do want a sweet drink, I tend to cave to cravings for diet dr. pepper or diet mountain dew. Which i know aren't healthy, so they're only an occasional treat.

Have you tried La Croix flavored (but not sweetened) carbonated waters? They're very refreshing. Of course I also love unsweet tea.

I also like the G2 mixes (low calorie Gatorade) because you can water them down. I think the pre-made G2 is too sweet.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I only tried 2 of the flavors, one I really like, the other not so much. I'm not attracted to some of the others.
    Ha there is now a Mio ad at the top of this page :)
    I think the cost is a con! I don't get 24 uses out of it either. Mine's more like 10.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The cost is definitely a con. I paid close to $5 for the container I bought when I thought I'd give it a try. There are a lot of other things you can purchase to flavor a drink which are much cheaper.
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    The cost is definitely a con. I paid close to $5 for the container I bought when I thought I'd give it a try. There are a lot of other things you can purchase to flavor a drink which are much cheaper.

$5?! Wow, I got it at target for $3.49, plus $1off target coupon and $1.50 off manufacturer coupon......so it was like a buck.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've only tried one flavor (sweet tea) and didn't like it at all. I prefer crystal light if I'm going to flavor my water. However, I'm mainly just drinking straight up, ice cold, filtered water most recently....and I think this is my favorite overall!
  • allisong83
    allisong83 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love them! I only drink Crystal Light, Mio, and an occasional Diet Coke here and there. This includes my alcohol consumption. About 3 years ago I started drinking vodka waters. I just order a vodka water and splash a little Crystal Light or a couple of dashes of Mio in it! :-) Mio is perfect to take to the bars because you don't have to worry about the powder spilling all over your purse! Ha!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Not sold in Canada yet, sad :(

They told me when they did they would announce it on their Facebook pace so for now I keep them on there as "liked".
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    For everyone that is anti-Mio because it's not natural and brightly colored -- to that I say blah, blah, blah.... I'm VERY health conscious and I don't advocate stuffing one's face with processed foods (I'm a vegetarian and all about fresh fresh fresh!) but a lot of people struggle to drink as much water as they should and if Mio helps you drink your recommended amount of water - GO FOR IT... there are many other things we unknowingly consume that are FAR worse for us than Mio... it will NOT kill you. Do what works for you I say....
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love Mio! I have different flavors at work and at home. It's not that I don't like water, I still drink mostly plain cold water, but sometimes I want something sweet and don't have calories to spare, so a cup of calorie-free sweet tea is great! And when I'm craving the bubbliness of a soda, I get a cold le croix sparkling water and add a squirt of mango peach or blueberry pomagranate and kill that craving!

I also love that it's a liquid, since that way it fully dissolves in even ICE cold water, unlike the powdered stuff. Hate that gritty taste. Mio is awesome!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I had posted a topic about this as well. If you put MiO into the search button on top you should be able to find it. There's a bunch of information on that thread too.

I use it here and there when I want to change things up. (Drinking the Berry Pomegranate right now.) It's as unnatural as Crystal Light and the cost is actually better. You definitely do not need a lot to give a good flavor. For me, Crystal Light can be super sweet and sometimes I don't even add a whole packet because its too strong for me. I like the MiO because I can control the strength. Just a little of the Berry Pomegranate does the trick for a normal bottle of water.