Extra calories

Options
cszammit
cszammit Posts: 26 Member
Hi,
I am finding it difficult some times to eat the extra calories from exercise. If I eat fruit or cereal bars then I over eat from the sugar limit, if I eat meat I over eat proteins limit and pasta/bread I over eat carbs limit.

What should I eat then?

thanks

Replies

• EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were just talking about this. It says you should eat all the calories given for the day but what if protein, carbs or anything else goes over? Is it better to use all of your calories and go over in those categories or is it better to keep those categories in order and not use all the calories? So confused!
  • birdieandkenadi05
    birdieandkenadi05 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am finding it difficult some times to eat the extra calories from exercise. If I eat fruit or cereal bars then I over eat from the sugar limit, if I eat meat I over eat proteins limit and pasta/bread I over eat carbs limit.

What should I eat then?

thanks

Good question...I usually go over in protein, fiber and sugar depending on how much fruit I eat..its actually not bad to go over in protein and fiber..but its the sugar and sodium that will hurt!!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I always try to hit my calorie goal to keep my deficit within range... if it requires one of my ratios to go over, I always make sure to focus my overage on the protein.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's okay to go over protein by a bit. Or customize your goals to adjust your nutrient ratios if you want.