2»

Replies

• LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jcmorningstar
    Options
    Awesome. My mom has 3rd stage kidney disease (kidneys control bllod pressure) and high blood pressure so she has been on a 2000/day sodium count or under. Not an easy task if you actually read every lable and cook salt free. Very very difficult. I spent the las @ 8 months cooking with/for her and shopping and wow, there is sodium in everything. Most canned frozen and prepackaged foods are off limits, processed foods are out, deli meats and cheeses out, even shellfish is difficult. I now have high bllod pressure(minimal) and decided to head off the path my mom is on so I now attempt the lower sodium diet, but it's hard on the go and when you want a quick easy dinner. Doing the best I can. This info was great to see here in MFP. Thank you.
  • mollyanne01
    mollyanne01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great information. Thanks for posting.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Awesome. My mom has 3rd stage kidney disease (kidneys control bllod pressure) and high blood pressure so she has been on a 2000/day sodium count or under. Not an easy task if you actually read every lable and cook salt free. Very very difficult. I spent the las @ 8 months cooking with/for her and shopping and wow, there is sodium in everything. Most canned frozen and prepackaged foods are off limits, processed foods are out, deli meats and cheeses out, even shellfish is difficult. I now have high bllod pressure(minimal) and decided to head off the path my mom is on so I now attempt the lower sodium diet, but it's hard on the go and when you want a quick easy dinner. Doing the best I can. This info was great to see here in MFP. Thank you.

I didn't start thinking about the impacts of sodium until I joined MFP and really got a revelation when I watch a Dr. Oz episode one day. I was a little scared at all the things that can effect me as a person with high blood pressure. Glad you found this info helpful!
  • use2becaligirl
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea. I am a salt addict who is addicted to sunflower seeds. Other than the salt, I have been eating good and working out with very little weight loss. I am over my sodium count almost everyday and your post really put salt into perspective. Thank you!!!
  • tnaconde
    tnaconde Posts: 25
    Options
    wow!! thanks for posting!!