Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A GOOD CHANGE...

TheGoblinRoad
TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I've noticed something.

Until about a month ago, anytime that I fell off track on a given day and overate, I'd feel horrible about it. I'd start to loathe myself, honestly. For most of 2 years I lost and gained the same ten pounds because I'd be very strict for two weeks and then mess up, which would pretty much ruin the following few weeks, and undo the work I put in. So the number went up and down, up and down.

Tried MFP in April and got sick of counting calories. Up and down, up and down.

A month ago I decided to do MFP again but I promised myself that I'd work on the negativity and let myself have those days where I "mess up." without being harsh on myself.

So recently, in the last month, I had about 2 or so of those days. I think it's because I DIDN'T attack myself that I was finally able to just get right back on the horse the next day. I've lost 7 lbs this month, though that's not going to show in my ticker, because the ticker reflects where I was in APRIL.

Yesterday, I felt bottomless. I think it was more desire for food than it was hunger. I'm a foodie. I overate about 960 calories, which meant that I might've only contributed a 40 calorie "loss" to my progress. I didn't get upset or negative, which is the good change. Instead I thought, well, I'd rather do a little better than 40 calories, so why don't I go workout again--which I did, bringing me to 500 calories over the daily goal. Progress.

Today my weight is back down to where it was, and I intend fully to keep on losing the next 85 pounds without negativity.

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    I've noticed something.

Until about a month ago, anytime that I fell off track on a given day and overate, I'd feel horrible about it. I'd start to loathe myself, honestly. For most of 2 years I lost and gained the same ten pounds because I'd be very strict for two weeks and then mess up, which would pretty much ruin the following few weeks, and undo the work I put in. So the number went up and down, up and down.

Tried MFP in April and got sick of counting calories. Up and down, up and down.

A month ago I decided to do MFP again but I promised myself that I'd work on the negativity and let myself have those days where I "mess up." without being harsh on myself.

So recently, in the last month, I had about 2 or so of those days. I think it's because I DIDN'T attack myself that I was finally able to just get right back on the horse the next day. I've lost 7 lbs this month, though that's not going to show in my ticker, because the ticker reflects where I was in APRIL.

Yesterday, I felt bottomless. I think it was more desire for food than it was hunger. I'm a foodie. I overate about 960 calories, which meant that I might've only contributed a 40 calorie "loss" to my progress. I didn't get upset or negative, which is the good change. Instead I thought, well, I'd rather do a little better than 40 calories, so why don't I go workout again--which I did, bringing me to 500 calories over the daily goal. Progress.

Today my weight is back down to where it was, and I intend fully to keep on losing the next 85 pounds without negativity.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    YAY! This is great news!
    Sometimes it's all about the mental and less about the physical.
    I soo needed to hear this today cause it's something I really need to work on too!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    It's all great! It's all good! Stay positive! Blessings to you and your wife in your efforts to be healthy and adopt!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    That is a good change. I can relate to that , man i would fall off and then think well forget it and use that negative thinking to binge for the whole day or forget the diet thing all together. then i would get depressed about it all and eat more. It was just a vicious cycle. then i started thinking different and it got better. my starting weight is not on here either cause i lost it b4 i found this site. i started at 260 and last time i weighed i was at 222. when i joined here i was at 224 so i know what u mean about the actual loss. I was wondering if i should have put in my original weight and reflected the loss on my ticker. hhhmm oh well congrats and keep on keepin on just for today :drinker:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    it'd be nice if we could edit our starting weight! :)
This discussion has been closed.