life with a toddler...

Options

Replies

• stayccv32
    stayccv32 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been finding toys in the refridgerator lately.... cars with the veggies, hammer next to the ketchup, batman by the yogurt, etc. My 2 yr old always makes things interesting.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    More a pre-K now than a toddler now, but one of the surreal things I discovered when becoming a parent to a mini-person was finding myself saying the most bizarre things... like:

"No drawing on the windows with boogers"

and one my hubster said to her whilst eating dinner:

"No beatboxing at the table."

It still happens on a weekly occasion; saying things in which I can't help but LMAO when hearing them out-loud.

My personal favorite, "Don't pet the dog while you're naked." :huh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Watching all items emigrate to the middle of any table...just out of arms reach, until finally nothing is left except toys and greasy fingerprints.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I have to admit the "WHY" phase is driving me a bit batty but after the fifth or sixth time I answer her why's, she'll just say "Oh" like duh Mom. It's hysterical!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Always making sure that there are no walls, corners or especially hard objects around when I take an item away (usually my phone or the remote) so there's PLENTY of safe tantrum room. But it's worth it to get the huggies and smiles every other time...
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Ah, I forgot this other major life-change -- was reminded by the greasy fingerprints mentioned above.

I used to care somewhat about having a tidy, clean house. Post-kidlet: The house is a total sh*thole. There are moms that sanitize every little surface and buy vats of Germ-X. I'm not one of those moms.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Seen this site? http://meanestmommy.com/

My kids are 9 and 12, but I still get a huge kick out of reading there!

"Rule #439: If you are thirsty, just ask Mommy for a drink. Do not help yourself to the dog’s water." is my recent favorite.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot this one....

Potty Training Boys 101:

Don't teach them how to potty like a big boy outside. I learned my lesson when my son decided he had to go potty out in public and just pulled his pants and underwear down and started peeing right then. It was one of those moments where you just facepalm yourself and chuckle cuz there's not really much you can do about it at that point. :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Ah, I forgot this other major life-change -- was reminded by the greasy fingerprints mentioned above.

I used to care somewhat about having a tidy, clean house. Post-kidlet: The house is a total sh*thole. There are moms that sanitize every little surface and buy vats of Germ-X. I'm not one of those moms.
    Ohh yeah me too. Currently in my house there is clean laundry on the couch, dirty socks on the floor, trucks and blocks on the floor, stuffing from a stuffed animal that's been there 3 days since the dog chewed it up, and dirty dishes in the sink. I'd rather play outside with my babies, and watch them enjoy their bath time after, than worry about stuff like that right now. Although this weekend I hope to clean up a little lol.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

Potty Training Boys 101:

Don't teach them how to potty like a big boy outside. I learned my lesson when my son decided he had to go potty out in public and just pulled his pants and underwear down and started peeing right then. It was one of those moments where you just facepalm yourself and chuckle cuz there's not really much you can do about it at that point. :)
    hahahah omg yes! My son whips it out in the front yard all.the.time now. And my husband took him fishing the other day and said he dropped his pants and started peeing at the gas pumps when they were getting gas. Just have to LOL at those moments.
  • PrincessBTits
    PrincessBTits Posts: 198
    Options
    Nothing bad, just amusing things like explaining why pickles and rice cakes don't make that great of a breakfast, or that she doesn't need to buy a case of paper towels.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think one of the hardest things about being a parent to a toddler and a pre-k.. is trying to be mature and stern, Some of the stuff they do and say is hilarious, but as mommy I have to say, No honey we don't say that or no honey we don't do that while hiding my laughs.

A definite hard thing to do! :)
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Seen this site? http://meanestmommy.com/

My kids are 9 and 12, but I still get a huge kick out of reading there!

"Rule #439: If you are thirsty, just ask Mommy for a drink. Do not help yourself to the dog’s water." is my recent favorite.

This is hilarious!!! It's so nice to know I'm not alone with the crazy rules!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    cleaning poop off hands that were stuck into dirty diapers after taking them off by themselves! struggling to get them to eat anything but cheese!

I unfortunately have to agree with this one!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    LOL..mostly all of the above...
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My 3 y/o daughter emptying 6 bottles of nail polish on her bedroom wall and carpet and painting everything else as she goes.....or flushing an apple core down the toilet while mom has the stomach flu, resulting in the clogging of the toilet, or coloring on the window screen....
    My 18 month old putting everything in his mouth and eating cocoa puffs out of the toilet or making me think he is poisoned when it was really just the almost empty sour cream container from the garbage......peeing in the bathtub with everyone already in it............

My 5 yr old laughing at anything to do with butts, farts, burping and boogers.........never dull at the Doobie house!!!!
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options

Potty Training Boys 101:

One of my friend had an embarassing moment like that. Her son, 2 years old at that time, went with her to the bank. While they were standing in line, she realized he wasn't by her side and looked around for him. She finally spotted him with his pants and underwear down and he was peeing into the potted plant they had at the bank!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    HA HA I just posted in my blog about my 2 year old son! Toddlers are very busy people who in turn keep you very busy!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i dont think this list would ever stop if i were to get started. so i will say... EVERYTHING! from poop to puke to messes to just EVERYTHING on and EVERYDAY basis. but i wouldnt trade him in for anything. he is AWESOME!
  • BamaMomma
    BamaMomma Posts: 53
    Options
    i have a 19-month-old boy....my toddler is a terror! i cannot tell you how many food items/particles i have found hidden throughout the entire house because he decided to hide them. here i'm thinking he LOVES fig newtons because he "eats" them so quick, but it turns out he hides them instead. so now i have a sugar ant problem...

he also loves to be outside. he prefers the outdoors more than the indoors on most days. he's got a great tan going on now. i am constantly chasing him away from thorny blackberry bushes, fire ant piles, snake-filled shrubs, and mud puddles. it's fun stuff! :)