strapless heart rate monitor

Options
does anyone know of any good strapless heart rate monitors? I want one that just reads it from your wrist and doesn't need a chest strap.

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    does anyone know of any good strapless heart rate monitors? I want one that just reads it from your wrist and doesn't need a chest strap.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and will say it again--a HRM without a strap is nothing more than an expensive watch. You have to have the strap to monitor your HR constantly or it doesn't give you accurate information.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    yeah and since one without a strap is about 70$ and one with a strap is 99$ I decided to spend the extra money for the Polar F4 for 99$ since it will be more accurate.....AND Id rather pay for that then one without a start that may not work, then it would be 70$ wasted....

I did alot of research before buying..good luck to you!!:drinker:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have to agree with the previous posts. I used to have a strapless one and it was pointless. It told me the same general information that the treatmill told me. Then when I invested in the one with the strap I was AMAZED at the number of calories I was actually burning.

Its watching those calories burn up on the watch that keeps me going in spin class!!

Good luck! I know its a BIG investment, but SOOOO worth it!
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Thanks!
    I am going to get the polar 6.