Sweet Tooth!

Options
2»

Replies

• WeakCalves
    WeakCalves Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a huge huge huge sweet tooth and throughout the years I've came to the conclusion that the best option for me is to avoid them. For me, there is no such a thing as "eat a fruit", or sugar free. Fruit is not the same as a piece of NY cheesecake and I like sweet very rich decadent desserts. I stick to fruit only, but not as a substitute. Then once every two months I'll have something like dulce de leche, lindt chocolates, boston cream pie or ice cream.

I guess what I am trying to say is that what works for me is to give sweets up for a period of time and having a cheat day once in a while.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If I Must Have Chocolate, I go for the 3 musketeers minis. They are only 24 cal each and they do in a pinch. It's just self controle to not eat the whole bag ;-)
    :heart: 3 Musketeers!! They have less cals than any other candy bar I think.
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Lindt squares of dark chocolate. Really savour it. Do nothing else while you eat it. Concentrate on how good it tastes.

Then one is enough.

Oh, Lindt, how much I love you. If I'm having a bad day and crave chocolate that is my go-to. Just a square or two of course. :P
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I want chocolate I go for dark chocolate and I remember to eat everything in moderation. So instead of having alot everyday I try to limit myself to whatever chocolate I want to once a week if at all. Those low fat, sugar substitutes do nothing for me when I want chocolate.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You and I are in the same boat! lol I eat skinny cow ice cream, and now they just came out with CANDY!! Oh its so good! lol They have wafers (kinda like kit kat) and clusters (like turtles) and they are just 120 calories! SOOOO good. Also, i love weight watchers dark raspberry bar. For when I want that "expensive" taste of chocolate covered raspberries.
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lindt squares of dark chocolate. Really savour it. Do nothing else while you eat it. Concentrate on how good it tastes.

Then one is enough.

Oh, Lindt, how much I love you. If I'm having a bad day and crave chocolate that is my go-to. Just a square or two of course. :P

Oh, yeah. I keep a bar of either Lindt or Ghirardelli 70%+ dark chocolate around and eat a square whenever I have a sweet craving in the evenings. One bar will usually last me several weeks because one square is all I need to savor it. I <3 dark chocolate.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I've fallen in love with Chewy Chocolate Chip Pure Protien bars. 200 calories, 20g protien, 3g sugar.

When I get up in the morning I take one from my secret stash and toss it over by my bed pillow. I log it as my last snack when I'm logging in my breakfast. Knowing I will get to lay in bed at night and eat it is good enough to get me through the day.
  • JS506
    JS506 Posts: 6
    Options
    I replace sweets with OH Yeah (brand) Protein bars carmel cookie crunch are my favorite! They taste like a candy bar but are high protein! I buy them at a fitness store. And Fage Greek Yogurt! Cherry is my favorite I swear its so yummy it tastes like icecream. I buy it at Walmart.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Luna bars and they were really yummy and all, but I got tired of them. Usually when I indulge, I buy low fat ice cream and just portion control. Little is better than none to my stomach, I guess. But lately, I bought a bag of dark chocolate chips for a recipe, but ended up goggling a handful when I want something sweet. :/
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I ALLOW MYSELF TO EAT CERTAIN THINGS. FOR CHOCOLATE WHEN I WANT A CANDY CAR, I GET A YORK PEPPERMINT PATTY. I LOVEEEEEE KUDOS. ONLY 100 CALS. GREAT FOR THE SWEET TOOTH. THEY HAVE M&M, SNICKERS, AND CHOCOLATE CHIP AND THEY ARE AMAZINGGGGGG! BEST OF LUCK!
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel your pain -- I have a raging sweet tooth as well. Some of the things I have found that help are some of the "dessert-flavored" light yogurts -- Yoplait has Black Forest Cake, Red Velvet Cake, and Key Lime Pie. Sugar-free Jello and sugar-free Jello pudding are also good low-calorie options. Schwan's has these tasty little Trim Creations Chocolate Fudgesticks that are 50 calories each, so even if you decide to have two, it doesn't totally destroy your daily calorie count! Good luck!
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Then one is enough.

I do the same! Dark chocolate satisfies your sweet cravings (believe me, mine are as bad as yours). If you do this for a week or two, you will actually change the way you feel about sweets! A lot of it is mental commitment too, you kinda have to tell yourself "this square of dark chocolate is going to satisfy me" for a few days until your body switches gears and your sweet tooth is put on a leash :)

good luck!!