Need a s trength training routine..any suggestions??

Options
2»

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    try womens health .com for some really good strength training programs
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Chalean extreme. I love it.
  • mimikeke
    mimikeke Posts: 8
    Options
    I do 3 days, then rest, and repeat. Day 1: Chest/Triceps, Day 2: Back/Biceps, Day 3: Shoulders (and sometimes legs). I probably do about 30 minutes, and I try to do the highest (but reasonable) weight I can on the machines or free weights.

I've dropped from a size 7 to a size 1 by doing this this year.

I also started taking one scoop of protein with water right after doing weights and after only two weeks on protein I broke my months-long plateau.

I also started to occasionally do Viktoria Telek's workouts on youtube. She has really fantastic, fun routines. Some of them get really hard! I'm pretty sure if you did those videos 3x a week you would be super toned.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'd try out 30 Day shred. She does some strength in there (and you can feel it!), its only a 20 min work out so at least it would be a good way to get started before venturing off on your own. Also the DVD is only $10, so that's a nice perk too. lol

Thanks, I did the 30 day shred all ready, it was great. I am doing level 2 again for a little while.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Look into kettlebell routines. I do one at home that is free "on demand" through comcast. Kettle bells are like doing strength training and cardio at the same time. There are so many things to do with the kettlebell. It keeps things interesting. I also like lifting the kettlebell more than I do the dumbbells. It seems more natural and comfortable to me. It burns moocho calories! Good luck!