A little encouragement needed please =/

Options
I seem to have done what the "typical dieter" does and lost a few lbs quite quickly, but I've now plateaued and I'm feeling a bit pants about it.
I bought a Wii fit 2 weeks ago and introduced some exercise into my lifestyle which I had none of previously. I feel like I'm gaining muscle, which might be why I'm sort of hovering around a certain mark. If I'm right, I should be losing weight via the calorie counting but then gaining muscle through exercise would level that out, thus making it difficult to lose weight.

Since thinking about this, I don't particularly want to lose weight, that's not my focus. I want to lose inches around my waist and thighs. I need to re-train my brain into thinking about doing more exercise and gaining muscle and not getting so hung up on my weight.

Need a real kick up the bum here, I'm feeling quite aggravated at how hard it is to reshape my figure!!

Replies

• jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You are exactly right. You are gaining muscle. The best way to tell if you are reshaping is take measurements now and in a few weeks take them again.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    You might be gaining muscle but it takes several weeks to even gain 1 pound of muscle. Not drinking enough water and taking in too much sodium will make the scale stand still. Taking measurmants is really the best way to record fat loss.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If your focus is on reshaping, then don't track weight. At all. No stepping on the scale, even the Wii Fit.

Work on building your strength, and improving your diet. And if you want inspiration on what changing what you eat and hitting the weights hard can do for transforming your body, look no further than this MFP user (my personal body image idol): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stephanielynn76

You can do this! Good luck on your journey.
  • hanansk16
    hanansk16 Posts: 12
    Options
    If your focus is on reshaping, then don't track weight. At all. No stepping on the scale, even the Wii Fit.

Work on building your strength, and improving your diet. And if you want inspiration on what changing what you eat and hitting the weights hard can do for transforming your body, look no further than this MFP user (my personal body image idol): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stephanielynn76

You can do this! Good luck on your journey.

Thank you guys :) I think I might just have to buy a measuring tape and get to it!
    Thanks ever so much for the link to this MFP user too! Blimey! I'm going to have to investigate her blog further!