Holy Crap Moment

Options
rlawrimore
rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
When I was in the gym last night I did a little experiment. I carried a 40lb weight around the gym twice. I could not believe how much it actually weighed and that I was carrying that around on my body before I said enough is enough. Try it sometime.

Bring on the next 40 off.

Replies

• disappearingact206
    Options
    im right at 59 lbs gone and I am going to try that with 60lbs... my fiance told me to do that too!! im a little scared but Im sure it will be a Holy Crap moment for me as well... keep up the hard work !
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Wtg! :bigsmile:
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My gym has some weight vests. You can put however much weight you want in pockets around the vest. It's a great tool for burning extra calories during your workouts. Ask the manager or trainer about it.

I did my normal workout wearing an additional 30 pounds (what I've lost so far) a couple of weeks ago and I was wiped.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I have about 50 more lbs to go, and it is easy to forget how far I've come. I am just try this tomorrow!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    At this point in time, I don't think carrying my weight in ticker loss would be such a great idea for my knees. :frown:
  • brgrace
    brgrace Posts: 3
    Options
    You lost a first grader!! Congratulations!
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    i think i will try that with each 10 pounds i lose as (i get there anyway). they do that kinda stuff on biggest loser and i would say that it would be an awesome reality check. :smile:
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've done this in the grocery store with bags of sugar and flour. One time I even used a ham! This is motivating for me to bypass the cookies and ice cream. Besides, I don't have any free hands to pick up the foods I shouldn't be eating anyway.

I can't believe I was carrying that much extra weight around. I feel so much better now.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Hoooray for Holy Crap Moments :D
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    That's funny becasue I did exactly the same thing last Monday. Makes you feel good doesn't it?
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    At this point in time, I don't think carrying my weight in ticker loss would be such a great idea for my knees. :frown:
    i agree! ive lost 105 all together, i dont think i would be able to walk very far with that. lol. and i also dont know how in the hell i managed to do it before!
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Funny Co-incidence!

I have lost ~80lbs to get where I am now...
    Co-incidentally I just saw and tried to pick up a 40lb fixed dumbbell in the store the other day which was just manageable with my right arm, but I couldn't do it with my left arm alone, had to use both to get it into position. Didn't make the connection that I had been making myself carry around TWICE that extra load until seeing your post :laugh:
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea, especially when I get discouraged because I have soooooo much more to go.
    Thanks for the post and way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!