Is it ok to go over my fiber and protein daily intake?

Options
I'm a little confused trying to balance everything in my food diary and have gone over in my fiber and protein a couple of times. I know that going over carbs, fat, sodium are not good but will it have a negative affect on my weight loss if I'm going over in fiber and protein? Any info would be appreciated!

Replies

• otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Not only is going over on fiber and protein ok, it's encouraged.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i do allll the time and it hasn't seemed to matter, they are both healthy for you, it's not the same as always going over on unhealthy fat or carbs
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would actually recommend intentionally going over on the protein... I think the site is really low on the recommendations. Especially if you're doing any weight or resistance training.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Not only is going over on fiber and protein ok, it's encouraged.

GO WAY over in protein!!!!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    the default settings for the site are 55% carb, 30% fat and 15% protein.

You can change these ratios by setting "custom" goals for yourself. That'll help your track an increased protein intake more accurately without "going over"
  • calistyle
    calistyle Posts: 7
    Options
    great tip Egger. Protein intake is WAY off!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I try to get a gram of protein for every pound of me, minus a bit. So I aim for 140g a day or a little more, as I weigh 158lbs. I'm also working out 5-6 days a week and lifting weights. :)

Fiber it is always good to go over! But make sure you drink PLENTY of fluid if you add a bunch of fiber or you'll get backed up....toilet wise