food scale

Options
Which food scale do you have? Does it work well for you? I prefer measuring food to weighing it, but for certain things thats not practical. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a Biggest Loser digital scale that I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Paid about $20. (sorry, at work so I don't have it in front of me to give you exact name brand.) I love it! I realized I was cheating myself on somethings and going over on others. Now, it sits on the counter and takes no time at all to measure my protein.
  • iSteakers
    iSteakers Posts: 45
    Options
    I have this one from Target. I really like it (I paid a little more because I wanted it to look nice on the counter) :)

http://bit.ly/kyAVCY
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you. I usually measure rather than weigh. So, I bought a 5$ non-digital teeny tiny one from bed bath and beyond. It weighs up to a pound (in oz or grams). Helps me when I just want 1oz of cheese or 250 grams of whatever. It's prefect for my student budget.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheap one and was amazed by how much I got to eat. 1oz of cheese was a lot more cheese than I thought it was. Yay! Then one day I got suspicious. I bought a 1oz cheese stick and put it on my scale. It read less than half an ounce! I've been eating too much for weeks.

I went on another scale shopping trip and started looking at the margin of error on the labels. Most have a margin of error of + or - 1/2 ounce. Unacceptable. I finally found digital one with a margin of error of + or - 1/8 ounce. It's a Salter brand. I weigh in grams almost exclusively because I like the accuracy. And I frequently put pre measured things on it and weigh them to make sure my scale is still accurate. So far it's good.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    wow good to know otr! 1/2 is a big deal!