bloating

Options
I saw a post about this a few days ago and now I cant find it, but what is the best way to help bloating? I can tell Im losing, but my tummy is still looking really bloated, like Im about 4 mos pregnant!! Ive seen a few "water"pills, read to drink water with lemon, cut out salt...what is the best thing to help this??

Replies

• breannk
    breannk Posts: 92
    Options
    bump i'm wondering about bloating too!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    bump - that makes 3 of us.
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i get bloated every evening around 6pm regardless of my day...I don't get it.... :ohwell:
  • lbinkley2008
    lbinkley2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know about this! I have a major issue with my stomach and while I know that exercise helps a lot, I know that bloating is a major part of it and the fact that my digestive tract is VERY slow! Any suggestions are welcomed!
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Lots of water!
    Try doing some stretching too....often when I feel and look bloated is right before having a BM. I find by stretching, I can get the intestines to work better and push one through (sorry for being so graphic).
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me was to cut out lighter green leafy veggies. The darker green, the better for you. I found, for instance, that any time I ate iceburg lettuce I would bloat. Also, make sure you are eating multi-grain or whole wheat. White, processed flours, sugars, and potatoes are also huge causers of bloat.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    also wanted to add, I am doing very intense workouts so I had thought my tummy would look alot better by now...AND I AM very "regular" bathroom wise (sorry TMI!!!!!!!!!!) so I just dont get why I look pregnant!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water and watch your sodium intake. Salt makes you retain water.. so the less you eat the less you bloat!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    mainly salt/sodium, wheat and dairy contribute to bloating, along with packaged and processed foods because what is in them is not easy for our bodies to digest and stuff gets caught up in your digestive system. i recommend doing the following: for 5 days only, cut out all wheat, dairy, packaged and processed foods, and salt.

for those five days, you can eat unprocessed meats (i.e. chicken, beef, pork, fish, but no processed meats like salami, sausage, etc.), eggs, fruits, veggies, unsalted seeds and nuts, and potatoes and rice in moderation. if you use condiments, only use pure condiments like honey or oil/vinegar (same goes for spices - only use pure spices, not seasoning mixtures).

drink only water, 100% fruit juices or brewed tea or coffee. this will eliminate any bloat causing agents from your body, you will probably lose about 4-5 pounds in the process, and you will see how easy it is to eat a diet that is free of the things that cause you bloat. as you add items back in to your daily diet (i.e. dairy or wheat), you will very quickly discover which foods cause you bloat and what ones don't.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for that resopnse!! That actually makes sense, and to be honest you may have answered my question without realizing it.....after reading your answer I realized I had two servings of milk yesterday which is very unusual, and today I am looking really bloated...maybe its the dairy!!! Going to really cut back on a few things and see what happens, thanks so much!!!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for that resopnse!! That actually makes sense, and to be honest you may have answered my question without realizing it.....after reading your answer I realized I had two servings of milk yesterday which is very unusual, and today I am looking really bloated...maybe its the dairy!!! Going to really cut back on a few things and see what happens, thanks so much!!!

i'm glad it resonates with you. i've done this same 5-day diet/cleanse a few times over the past year when i've get into the habit of eating too much junk, and it always makes me feel incredible and reminds me what a bad thing processed foods are for my system.