I JUST RAN A MILE!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kar1ssa
    kar1ssa Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks <3 & yeah I really feel good that I pushed myself to finish it.
  • snowbaby2002us
    Options
    Great Job! That is such an accomplishment. I just started jogging myself 2.5 weeks ago. I am up to 2 miles now, really pushing myself. Today was really really hard, but once I was done I feel so good about myself! Maybe we can give each other incentive~! Have a great day!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats! Keep it up!
  • Lucky79z28
    Lucky79z28 Posts: 31
    Options
    Great job! That was about the same as my 1st time! I was doing a 5K and I did it in 49 minutes and now I am down to 45. Its only 4 minutes fast in 3.1 mile but it makes me feel good!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - that's a big deal.
    I would love to be able to run the whole mile. I'm at max 2 mins of running right now.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I love it...such a great accomplishment :) The first time I ever ran a mile was in 12:00 on the treadmill..but I go slower than that now working on increasing my distance. Last night I went 3 miles in @40 minutes, but again I'm not worrying so much about the time.. My first mile was not so long ago either :) I'm so happy for you!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I don't recall the time on my first mile... other than thinking "WTF... did I just do that?"

It is a milestone moment for sure! Congratulations! Look forward to hearing about future milestones!
  • teetees40
    teetees40 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm VERY new at this program but I've been working on getting back to being healthier since Feb. Consequently, I've been jogging (slowly) a bit and just worked myself up to a mile about 3 weeks ago. I did it in 11 1/2 min! I know you are so proud of yourself and I'm proud of you too! :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My first mile time was probably right around your time. Before I fell and hurt my back - I was doing a mile in 10:45. Now, I'm right around 11:30-12:00 depending on if my back starts to bother me mid-way through and I have to slow down or not. My goal is to do it in 10 mins flat. Until I can get my back fully healed (which can take a LONG time and sometimes never happens with a bulging disc), I'll be happy with my 11:30. LOL
  • mbulz53
    mbulz53 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I never ran the mile in HS, I was too busy ditching phys ed to go smoke ciggs. I never ran more than a few feet (unless the cops were behind me) when I was growing up (despite playing HS footbal and league baseball). In March of this year I ran the El Paso 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles) in just under 3 hours, with virtually NO training & almost 35 lbs OVERWEIGHT. Pure determination and will power. If I can do that, nothing is impossible for me. Just dont ever give up. It will hurt like hell, but no one can ever take it away from you.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    FAN - FREAKING -TASTIC !!! :laugh:

congrats to _everybody_ in this thread ... i like what Jeff said
    I experienced the exact same reaction - tho for me it was not distance but my length of uninterrupted running, and i thought

WTF! DID I JUST DO THAT??? :blushing:
    Great job! That was about the same as my 1st time! I was doing a 5K and I did it in 49 minutes and now I am down to 45. Its only 4 minutes fast in 3.1 mile but it makes me feel good!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your run, and I hope that you keep running, keep training, and keep losing the weight until you meet your weight-loss goal. With a little focus, I hope to see you run an eight minute mile. When I was in high school, I ran my first mile under six minutes and two miles under twelve. For the first four years in the military, I kept my two miles between 13 and 14 minutes, and then I slumped to around 16 minutes when I got in the national guard. I ran a sixteen minute two miles up until I reached the age of 38. At first, I thought I slowed down because I was getting older, but then I realized I had a case of getting fatter. Anyway, I decided to start losing weight, running smarter, and training harder. I run 8 miles in about 56 minutes, but I think I can run faster. I ran a marathon last week in the freezing rain in 3 hrs and 51 minutes, but the bathroom kept calling my name and I just don't have the ability to drink water while in motion. That takes skill. I hope to work on my speed because after 16 miles, I felt like death was tapping me on the shoulder. So, with all that said, I hope you decide to run a few 5Ks, then some 10Ks, and then some 15Ks, and one day a 13.1 mile race, and then a marathon. You just need to be motivated and dedicated, and you can accomplish anything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!