Need input re: Stress eating Night workers-

Well I have known and become more aware that one of my problems was the night shifts that I work. At 3:00 am if your tired you get to thinking- I'm tired I must eat. Well this weekend I did ok with that part of my life however the stress eating bit me in the fanny. However if anyone has any input on the night time eating patterns for night time workers I would be more than willing to listen.

We live in Nebraska and feel for those of you in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and other states that were affected by the ice that hit you however are greatful that at least where we live we got more snow vs. ice. Anyhow- I was working that night and faced being stranded at work. Well like I said thankfully we the snow came quicker than they thought so I decided to squeak my way back home the 90 miles. After truckers who were going faster than they should have for road conditions I just couldn't say no to those donuts that were calling my name.

Oh the cigarettes also came out just a little too much. I decided that this was ok given the situation and not to beat myself over the head- I mean my hands were quivering. I have driven in LOTS of scary situations but this is probably one of the top 5. Today is a new day but any ideas that help others that have binging problems or are stress eaters.

Replies

• Well I have known and become more aware that one of my problems was the night shifts that I work. At 3:00 am if your tired you get to thinking- I'm tired I must eat. Well this weekend I did ok with that part of my life however the stress eating bit me in the fanny. However if anyone has any input on the night time eating patterns for night time workers I would be more than willing to listen.

We live in Nebraska and feel for those of you in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and other states that were affected by the ice that hit you however are greatful that at least where we live we got more snow vs. ice. Anyhow- I was working that night and faced being stranded at work. Well like I said thankfully we the snow came quicker than they thought so I decided to squeak my way back home the 90 miles. After truckers who were going faster than they should have for road conditions I just couldn't say no to those donuts that were calling my name.

Oh the cigarettes also came out just a little too much. I decided that this was ok given the situation and not to beat myself over the head- I mean my hands were quivering. I have driven in LOTS of scary situations but this is probably one of the top 5. Today is a new day but any ideas that help others that have binging problems or are stress eaters.
  • Lori, I am a night worker. My Captain calls me our post's "Day Walker" since I work the 10p to 6a sift but am out during the day for meetings and classes (I also have a 3 year old at home who is with me during the day) . I have been on the night shift for 6 years and have gained about 40 lbs in that time. (I shudder to think about the 15 lbs I have gained since OCTOBER!)
    I work in a high stress field. I am a Police Communications Officer for the Alabama Department of Public Safety. (I dispatch state troopers)
    I find that I stress eat during tense situations. I also drink Diet Pepsi by the gallons. I am frustrated and I am praying this site will help me with my issues.