Filling yet light breakfasts when you have 10 min. for break

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
I have to leave for work at 6:25am. I've tried. And tried, and tried to wake up earlier in order to get a good and decent breakfast, but alas, it can't be done, LOL.

Right now, I'm eating those Jimmy Dean D-light turkey sausage sandwiches to pop in the microwave and go, but I'd just like a few more alternatives. And occassionally, I grab fage yogurt or a slim bagel, but I'm getting really really tired of my routine.

Help?

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hard boil a dozen eggs when you have some time, and keep those in a bowl in the fridge (you could peel them ahead of time if you wanted to make it even quicker to grab). One or two eggs plus a piece of fruit or toast or yogurt is a great quick breakfast.
  • sarahd26
    sarahd26 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm the same way...that extra 10 minutes of sleep is just so worth it!

But anyways, I usually find that I can whip up some scrambled eggs fairly quickly in the morning. While those are cooking I throw an english muffin in the toaster and they're done at about the same time.
  • Sam899
    Sam899 Posts: 6
    Options
    I like KIND bars. They're basically just nuts glued together with agave. Some have fruit in them too. They're kind of small and anywhere from 150-210 calories, but they're all natural. They keep me filled for 2-3 hours. I eat a lot of mini meals/snacks throughout the day, so they work for me. Or an apple with some almond butter. Hope that helps!

PS, I love the third goal reward! I have a great dane that I got last August, he'll be 1 on Friday! What great dogs!!! (Although quite a handful, we'll need a new couch after this puppy phase is over :smile: )
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I second boiling eggs in advance and eating a couple with a piece of fruit for a quick breakfast
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Slice up an apple (FUJI) and dip it in a tablespoon of melted peanut butter.

Scambled egg, micowave bacon, 2% shredded cheese wrapped in a low cal soft shell tortilla. (2 of them).

Pure Protein bar and 16 ounces of water.

couple of hard boiled eggs mashed on a plate with balsamic vineger drizzled over.

etc...
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    I like KIND bars. They're basically just nuts glued together with agave. Some have fruit in them too. They're kind of small and anywhere from 150-210 calories, but they're all natural. They keep me filled for 2-3 hours. I eat a lot of mini meals/snacks throughout the day, so they work for me. Or an apple with some almond butter. Hope that helps!

PS, I love the third goal reward! I have a great dane that I got last August, he'll be 1 on Friday! What great dogs!!! (Although quite a handful, we'll need a new couch after this puppy phase is over :smile: )
    You're so lucky!!!! I've been wanting one for years! :((((
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    I second boiling eggs in advance and eating a couple with a piece of fruit for a quick breakfast
    Same here, going to try it!
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I third Hard Boiled Eggs!! I love them for when I am on the go! You can even make egg salad the night before, wake up, toast some bread, throw it on there and run out the door. Or use little mini Kangaroo Itsy Bitsy pita pockets, only 40cal apiece.

Bowl of Special K cereal with a Banana or Strawberries
    Bowl of Kashi Cereal
    Bowl of whatever Cereal makes you a happy panda! :D

I also like to make protein shakes
    1 banana
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I forgot the name)
    1 cup soy or almond or skim milk
    Hand full of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
    Hand full of Ice

Blend, pour, NOM!

<3