Beter than Facebook

Options
2»

Replies

• CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I agree I don't have a face book account, because I always thought it was a waste of my time. I have seen a lot of co-worker doom themselves by posting work related things on their facebook page. :tongue:
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is a better place. I also think there should be chat available so when someone needs a shoulder to lean on, or needs to "talk to someone" immediately it would help.

I think being able to be so honest and open here way out weighs facebook. Facebook in my mind (other than family and keeping in touch with high school friends which I do) , facebook makes me think of going to a public place to workout and seeing all the so called "beautiful people" and their egos. My Fitness Pal lets you be who you are with no judgements.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure why we're comparing apples to oranges ( ha- like the food analogy?)
    These are two different sites, with entirely different reasons.
    And I've linked this site to FB, and have had numerous friends inquire about MFP.
    I personally like to encourage people in my life, and it's great when they rally behind me when I need it.

I don't play favorites- I love BOTH sites.

I'm with others who've stated that YOU have complete control over who you gather as your support system/friends.

I keep my circle small- rather know a few people a mile deep, than a thousand an inch deep. That's my motto.
  • armywife121110
    Options
    if it wasnt for this site, i wouldn;t have lost the 20lbs I have already. FB is depressing and makes me want to eat lol!!
  • muvera
    muvera Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments people.. they are awesome!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    But sometimes it gets too myspace! I do see a lot of jealousy in boards.
    Im glad I came wen I was smart about food and fitness because theres so much bad advice and some people are real downers!!
    Secretly people dont want u to succeed ....
    it is still another social website but u can bug ppl about ur weight...
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    MFP = 99,9% Awesome people who dont judge, insult or hate but are nice, motivational or just able to give your that high five moment you need after losing even the smallest amount of weight.

Facebook = 99,9% Trolls.
  • bluedee77
    bluedee77 Posts: 18
    Options
    I just joined yesterday and I'm already addidcted...my sis and I were just saying yesterday that its wonderful to find a site where the common goal is to promote a healthier lifestyle and not cut ppl down..I LOVE iT:)
  • muvera
    muvera Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on that!!
    FB has caused unsocial, ignorant behavior among many people.
    It is so negative!
    So on that note.. I'm glad you are here with us. I have only been here 3 days and feel so much better just having some positive people in my life!!
    AMEN
    Hey, read your profile. its inspiring to see someone that against all the odds you have a great optimistic view and courage towards life. Hope your son kids can call you grandma one day. :) cheers.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    MFP = 99,9% Awesome people who dont judge, insult or hate but are nice, motivational or just able to give your that high five moment you need after losing even the smallest amount of weight.

Facebook = 99,9% Trolls.

I think I may just break the mold of those numbers.
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Me too, my FB is set to private. If someone is constantly negative I delete them.
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I actually closed my FB account Easter Weekend. Too much garbage, GOSSIP and DRAMA & too many viruses... I VALUE my time and on here so I can do something POSITIVE for myself... I can't stand all the NEGATIVE things that people make FB all about. I never understood why people use FB to HURT others, TALK about others, or just COMPLAIN the whole time. I always posted something postive to read cuz Lord knows we have enough NEGATIVE stuff we are around all time & hear,like TV, People, Jobs, etc....Now the only thing positive I can say about FB was I got to reconnect with a lot of people from High School etc..... but other than that Lordy Bee!!!!

I love MFP and the ladies I have come to know on here... :)