May I brag for a minute?

Options
concordancia
concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
I have recently taken up hula hooping. Last night my partner and I were at a dance studio, where he was helping set up, and I was using the space to practice things that I cannot practice in our living room. For one of the moves, I kept hitting myself in the *kitten* with the hoop. I looked up to see him giggling and commented "My butt is to big!" He looked at me lasciviously, shook his head emphatically and came over and gave me a kiss.

He accepts me as I am, but supports me as I make these changes to my life. And yes, I tell him how wonderful he is every single day.

Replies

• abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    they should have a Like buttone on here.
    "Like"
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    That is so nice and supportive!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You may and I "LIKE" :)
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    It's great to have support!!
  • DarthBubbles
    DarthBubbles Posts: 138
    Options
    That's wonderful and sweet (I think you should keep him :wink: )
    Also, jealous of hula hooping! I have been meaning to get one for a few months and I haven't :/
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    First off, let me say I am completely jealous that you cna hula hoop! LOL I just can't do it!!
    What a guy your hubby is!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    "LIKE"

I bought a hula hoop but can't hula the hoop yet. :laugh: I'm going to keep trying though. Congratulations to you though for being able to and for having such a wonderful hubby. :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherBunnell
    Options
    Awwww :) *Like*

I guess now I need to dust off my hula hoop!
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    This is so sweet :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Hula Hooping is great!! I highly recommend everyone grab a weighted hoop and get started!

It took me a week of practicing every day to be able to keep it up at all. As for the tricks, I took an intro class. This teacher normally runs a five week series and had a free week between the end of one series and a trip she was taking, so she taught everything she could in an hour and half. And a friend of mine taught me another neat trick :)

But mostly, I just thought I would remind everyone that there are great partners out there too, after reading a couple of threads this morning.
  • Cath138
    Cath138 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    "Like"
    Hooping is awesome! You can get hit several times and many bruises! But it is soooo worth it! When I learn a new trick, I am soo happy, makes me want to hoop even more! I use to hoopnotica DVD and it helps me a lot. Before I could not make it turn one time around my body! Now I can do it for 20 minutes straight (around my waist and my hips). I can even make it spin in the air !

I highly recommend hooping! and you have a nice boyfriend !