whats clean eating?

Options
Im kinda new to all of this and i have been very unhealthy for a very long time. I know it may be a silly question but what is a clean diet? Even though im losing pretty well will clean eating help me lose more? HELP

Replies

• jenkins1103
    jenkins1103 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There is a magazine out there called "Clean Eating" It is an awesome magazine with alot of awesome recipes. The recipes are not fancy recipes..I cook out of it for my husband and kids. You should look it up and subscribe to it. It will give you a ton of hints on how to "clean eat."
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    In a nut shell, it's eating non-processed foods, often raw to preserve the nutrients.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is eating food as close to the way nature made it, as you can.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said...unprocessed raw foods...and not only may it help your weight loss, but eating this way has SO many other health benefits!
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    oh ok thanks :) its a guy at my job who eats clean and he was trying to get me to do it with him. If only i new this is what clean eating was.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    well it won't hurt to try it. see if it is for you, otherwise go back to what you were doing. You were losing weight on it!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    When you pick up a box at the grocery store, look at the ingredient list. If it says things that make sense to you, like "whole wheat, water, salt", it's pretty clean. If there are a whole lot of extra "goodies" in there (high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors/colors, preservatives, etc), it's not.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It is a loosely defined term, but it usually boils down to eating foods as close to the source as possible, and getting rid of as many processed foods as possible.

Somebody who eats clean would:
    1. Consume fresh fruit and veggies
    2. Proteins as fresh and unprocessed as possible
    3. Nuts
    4. Carbs like rice and potatoes

They would not consume:
    1. Refined sugar
    2. Processed, package junk food
    3. Lots of grease and fatty foods

Sure! Eating clean is a very healthy way to eat. It cuts out a ton of sodium and bad fat from your diet.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an Eat Clean Challenge on Facebook right now and our rules are trying to stick to the top two tiers of this chart:
    http://teambeachbody.com/article-detail/-/popup/POPUP-PRINT-MICHIS-LADDER

That's clean eating. :-)