Anyone lose inches quicker than pounds?

Options
Or is it just me? I'm 156 pounds, having lost 8 pounds so far (yey!), but my weight seems to have come to a standstill the past week or so (i know, i know, i'm supposed to lose about 1-2 pounds per week, but i always lose weight faster than it, usually the minute i cut out all of the sugar i eat, my weight goes back down to normal in a couple of weeks). Lately though, my weights paused at 156, however, i've lost inches in the past 2 weeks.

I've gone from 40 inch hips to 38, a 31 inch waist to 28.5 and my bust has gone down an inch.

It just seems strange that although i'm losing the inches, i'm not losing the weight?

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. I drop weight but not inches. Curious!
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you are going through! I haven't lost much weight at all, but lost a lot of inches. I don't know the reasoning behind this, but yeah it happens! haha
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    no but i sure do wish i did it seem i have to lose 15 to 20 pounds to lose an inch so not fair feel blessed
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. I drop weight but not inches. Curious!

im with you!
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    your losing inches because your toning up.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I always lose inches first and then the pounds start coming off.
  • steffie488
    steffie488 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have lost pants sizes but the poundage still seams as if it's a standstill. I only lost ten pounds but I'm almost into my second smaller pants size. I can see a huge difference in my body. I've been working out a lot though so that may have something to do with it. I am one to focus too much on the number so this has been so frustrating for me as well.
  • gublercullen
    Options
    your losing inches because your toning up.

I did wonder if that was the case...i just thought that it would have taken alot longer, i've only been at this two months, exercise every day but not an extreme amount.

I'm not complaining! I just find it so weird, i'd have thought it'd be weight then inches!
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    I lose inches first as well and then weight later. I think because I'm building muscle first and then when muscle growth stalls the weight drops due to the fat loss.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I always lose inches faster than weight.
  • connieholiday
    Options
    are you exercising??? cause you may be replacing fat to muscle, and muscle weighs more. so losing inches makes good sense if this is the case. Just a thought. Sounds like your doing great one way or another :) Connie
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice with myself, but I think I rather that be the case.
  • gublercullen
    Options
    I have lost pants sizes but the poundage still seams as if it's a standstill. I only lost ten pounds but I'm almost into my second smaller pants size. I can see a huge difference in my body. I've been working out a lot though so that may have something to do with it. I am one to focus too much on the number so this has been so frustrating for me as well.

I concentrate on my weight alot! A couple of people have asked if i've lost weight and i've just been like: "well...technically no, but i am a little thinner!"

They just look at me like i'ma crazy person :P
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've dropped a pant size, but my weight has not change much since early April.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've been losing inches like crazy the last month or so. My weight isn't moving (which is okay with me since I'm at my goal weight), but I can definitely tell the inches are going waaay down. I truly believe it is because I've stopped doing as much cardio and do more cardio/strength training.
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    :happy: It's totally normal! It's the trade off between losing weight and building muscle/toning. The muscle weighs more than fat, so when you are toning up you may gain a little or stay at the same weight. Don't panic, it the inches that matter most!! Eventually the rest of your body will catch up. Muscle burns more calories!!
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    I lose inches wayyyy before lbs
  • connieholiday
    Options
    stef, i am with you there! I go thru the same thing. :ohwell:
  • abbandmegmom
    Options
    I am the exact same way!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    It just seems strange that although i'm losing the inches, i'm not losing the weight?

I was loosing inches before weight back when I was tracking everything. I took a haitus, so I' right back where I started unfortunately, but I think that it is normal.

The way I see it, as long as you are loosing something, then you are starting to work towards your goal.