Bored Eating

Options
What do you do when you get bored and start feeling the urge to eat something?

Replies

• makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    gum, water , fruit or veggies and sometimes when i have those moments that nothing not even distractions are working ill touch the food i want the most and i think to myself will this help me, and i literally have to throw it out mind you its not easy
  • nicole751
    nicole751 Posts: 26
    Options
    You basically have to distract yourself and find something to do. I used to eat out of boredom alotttt. but i realized that when i'm acutally doing something, i'm less likely to eat out of boredom.

some things you can do are:

-call someone
    -go outside and take a walk
    -watch a movie
    -read a book
    -clean (vacuum, tidy things up)
    -drink water

hope this helped :)
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I generally eat....not a good thing i'm afraid, Infact i'm sitting here now wondering what i can eat next.

Nothing new there i must admit, it's the evening my very worst time for getting the munchies!!
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I have tried to spread out my snacks and allow myself enough snacks that I am eating often and don't get the "itch" as much. When I do, I make myself do something. Anyhting. (Pick up a book, play with the dog, go for a walk, load of laundry ect ect). I really want to learn to knit so that I will have something to do with my hands in the evenings while watching TV.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I eat every hour. Feel free to look at my diary and see what I do. I've lost 20 pounds since March 29 of this year. I am never hungry.
  • ashleymcquown
    Options
    a glass or two of water before eating seems to help me the most...though i struggle with this a lot too. i'm thinking of logging my food BEFORE i eat it so i'm more aware. trust me....it aint easy....