running vs p90x

Options
I need some advice... I have been doing Couch to 5K. I am on Week 8 Day 2 of the program which means i am almost finished!!!! But i just received my p90x videos and i want to start it too.. Should i do both?? Should i postpone running until i complete p90X??? Any advice is appreciated :)

Replies

• ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I do both, I do P90x on mon, wed, and fri and I run 5 miles on tue, thurs, and sat. I take sundays off.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I know everybody is different, i personally like to mix it up a bit so one night i'll go running, the next i'll do 30 day shred dvd, the next I'll do the elliptical. Running is my main thing but I think it does yr body good to suprise it - it very quickly gets used to the same exercise over and over x
  • JustMichelleB
    JustMichelleB Posts: 290
    Options
    I do both. I run on my cardio days (although I do do plyo once in awhile), and sometimes on my rest/yoga days as well. For instance, tonight should be a Yoga day for P90X, but I feel the need to run, so i'll run instead (and perhaps do Yoga on my rest day). I am not following P90X to the letter (I do do the strengthening videos as scheduled, but mess around with the other stuff to fit my schedule and day better).
  • daniellejg
    daniellejg Posts: 97
    Options
    I guess persoally I would just finish running and then start p90x...you are almost done! I wouldn't do both of them but that's just me
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I dont know what the structure is for p90x but I do running mon, wed, fri and fitness dvds or classes tues, thurs, sat
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    There's no reason you can't do both! I always make sure I do the 3 days of strength training of p90x and then sub out a cardio workout to run or whatever I prefer. I do try to do the Plyometrics once per week though because it's a great workout.
  • ciege77
    ciege77 Posts: 60
    Options
    If you moderate your running, why not go 2-a-day and it won't interfere with P90X schedule? Kind of time consuming, but if you go for a light jog in the morning and do P90X in the evening, that should give you plenty of time to recover throughout the day. There's no rules saying you HAVE to do ONLY one or the other. Do whatever you feel comfortable with =)