frustrated!

Options
mirgss
mirgss Posts: 275 Member
So I decided to step up my workout routine this week and start running 2x a day on my running days. Monday was great! Last night instead of running I did the p90x plyo. I'm not GOOD at it by any stretch of the imagination, but I can get through. During one of the many jumping moves my calf muscle just SPASMED. I stretched it out and took it a little easy for the rest of the workout. This morning I got up and did my 2.74 miles and felt great...but now the DOMS is starting to set in, plus my calf is giving me some grief. I'm thinking I should NOT do another run tonight...but I really wanted to, and if I don't I'm going to feel like a lazy bum.

:(

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You don't want to injure yourself though. Then you'll be out for even longer. take the night off and rest.
  • sweetmelissa57
    sweetmelissa57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dont do it! You need to rest. It is good for your body to rest. You will over do it and then you wont be able to do any excersise at all! Moderation! Everything in moderation doll! : )
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Your body is trying to tell you it needs a rest. Listen to it. Voice of experience here. Even though I felt guilty, I had to "not workout" to prevent greater damage. No regrets.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Take tonight off. You will feel better tomorrow.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    maybe walk it out...
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    RICE
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation? (I cant remember the E)