Fear of adding calories

Options
2»

Replies

• CheerCoachAmy
    Options
    Good for you!! I will keep that in mind when I increase my activity level for the future. Congrats on meeting your goal! :happy:
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I thank you also for posting that. I'll also keep that in mind whenever I end up hitting a plateau. I just started on MFP last week and I am going to do my first "weigh in" tomorrow. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    How do you actually 'up' your calories on your profile? Is there somewhere where you can just put in whatever, and im just to blind to see it? lol

You can enter manual goals by going to Goals, Change Goals, Custom.

Or (a simpler way) is to just go to Settings, Update Diet/Fitness Profile and lower your loss per week goal. That will give you more cals.
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Thank you for motivating me! I've been stuck for a month and just bumped my calories up to 1400. I'm gonna stay there for a while and see what happens! I'm sending you a friend request. Great job on training for the half, I've done two so far and LOVE them!:happy:
  • ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    OMG, I soooooo needed to read this tonight. I have plateaued for 7 weeks. I have not lost 1 single pound in that time frame. I have not been eating back my exercise calories either. However, with that being said, my daily calories are 1750. I have also been trying to not eat the 1750 calories. I workout 4 to 6 days a week. On my non-workout days, I am still watching everything I put in my mouth.

I honest to goodness had a talk with my hubby about this earlier today. I told him that I am so frustraited because I haven't been loosing. Frustraited to the point of going to the doc to see what else I could be doing.

Congratulations and THANK YOU!
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How do you actually 'up' your calories on your profile? Is there somewhere where you can just put in whatever, and im just to blind to see it? lol

You can enter manual goals by going to Goals, Change Goals, Custom.

Or (a simpler way) is to just go to Settings, Update Diet/Fitness Profile and lower your loss per week goal. That will give you more cals.

Knew i was blind lol
    Thankyou!
  • cecrossley
    cecrossley Posts: 46
    Options
    I've started keeping a blog of all the ups and downs of life, particularly with food, exercise and family...

http://candidcarly.tumblr.com/
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    Thank you so very much for sharing this. I am so scared to bump up but I think I am about to push my intake up a little more to see what happens. I have been resisting doing it for so long out of fear. And I wore a bodymedia fit device today and it showed I am definitely burning more that=n what I was thinking doing normal daily activities. SO that is another reason I think I should make the jump. I am still unsure how reliable it is but I do think I need more than the 1350 I am allowing myself right now. Thanks again! I am going to send yo a friend request as well. :)
  • cecrossley
    cecrossley Posts: 46
    Options
    Just wanted to post an update!!!

Today is 3 wks and 1 day into my "experiment." I am consistently eating 1500 calories a day +/- a few. I am still working on eating back my workout calories, but usually manage to get a majority of them. It is hard!!! After today's weigh-in, I am down from 162.5 on May 2nd, to 154 today. That is 8.5 in three weeks. I am really happy to see that plateau in the past! I'll be more than happy to keep up this rate (yeah, RIGHT! :tongue: )

Has any one else had luck with adding more calories?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!