Muscle Milk Light - Women?

Options
So, I've started eating healthy and started climbing an intense hill after work. It takes about 45 minutes, about 1.75 up the hill and 1.75 down the hill. I fast walk up the hill and jog down the hill. My question is will drinking a Muscle Milk Light (8.25 fl oz) before or after I do the cardio help me lose weight faster or tone my body?

I dont necessiarly want to lose weight but I want to tone my body.

I'm 5'2 and 125 lbs so it has been a little tough to see results.

I would really love some information on this. Thanks!!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Since I want my body to burn the fat - I don't have ANYTHING with carbs in it before I workout. I want my body to use any fat stores it has for energy and if I feed it anything with carbs (like Muscle Milk), it'll use that instead. So, I try and avoid ANYTHING with carbs for a couple hours before I workout.

I do, however, drink Muscle Milk AFTER I workout. Your body needs the protein and MM provides a lot of protein. The best way to tone up is to mix cardio (for fat burning) with strength training (which builds muscle).
  • aaragon0902
    aaragon0902 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Thanks so much for the info. I will definately start drinking the muscle milk after workouts and try to eliminate carbs before I work out.

Thanks again.