HELP!! Time to train

Options
:explode:
ok so here it is! i do get my excerise in as im a new runner been running since dec last year and done 5 fun runs to date! Now ive a half marathon coming up in july and really need to get the ks in and train, as a busy mum with 2 girls and its hard to get a training plan together. at the mo the only time im gonna get to train is before my partner goes to work. 5 in the morning id have to be up! be dark and we are heading into winter!
any tips or ideas would be welcome. as motivated as i should be, im worried that i wont be able to do this :frown:

Replies

• knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    You can totally do it!!!! I just did my 1/2 in April, started training in Jan, thick of winter here. I had some warm gear and just kept thinking about how great it was going to feel to do the race. I was the crazy running lady, up at 5 am in the snow. I ran 4 days a week and just made sure I checked the weather often and planned when to run. I have 6 kids, one that I have to get off to school at 7 AM, the baby I had to nurse before I ran - for the long runs I had to get up at 4:30AM. My husband was very supportive, and my kids dealt with the cranky mom. Since the race I have been way more productive because I know I can push myself to do anything. You can do it and will feel so great when it is over. Enjoy the journey. Add me as a friend and keep me posted. Good luck!!!! You can do it!!