New from PA

Options
Hello my name is Lori. I'm from PA and 37 years old. I started having kids when I was 23. During that pregnancy my highest weight was 180 lbs. After then I went on diet pills and went down to 150 lbs. That is where I want to be. But when I turned 25 I had my youngest daughter and shot back up to 183 lbs. A few months ago I was put on Celexa for social anxiety disorder and OCD. That shot me up to 225 lbs within about a 4 month period. I couldn't take it any more and told my doctor I wasn't going to take it anymore. She told me it was change of life. Yea right. Well now I'm on my way to losing the weight again. For a while I was on a different weight loss site and my friend from work got me hooked on this one. I started really trying to eat better and started doing Jilian Michaels 30 day shred about 2 months ago and was doing really good for awhile and then she got boring. I knew what was next I knew her words almost word from word. Now I'm off to try something differently. Since I started losing the weight I am now down to 209 lbs. My full goal weight is 150 but right now I'm more determined to get down to the 180 lbs I was before I started taking Celexa. Well that is alittle about my life. I hope I get to know ppl on here and who knows maybe I will even be able to find someone on here within my town. talk to ya later.

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! This is a wonderful tool to keep you motivated and accountable for what you're eating and how much you're exercising!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    What part of PA are you from? I'm from around Erie. :)
    Welcome aboard!
  • Cougargirl50
    Options
    I'm In York. (Between Lancaster and Harrisburg) I get the best of both worlds here. Thanks for the replies. I'm excited
  • htuzzi324
    htuzzi324 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bloomsburg. Welcome! This site is a great motivational tool. I love being able to track my exercise to see how many calories I've burned.
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm from Chambersburg - maybe 1 hour or a little more from York. I've done Jillian off and on and I get bored too. I would just turn her talking down since I knew what to do and listen to music. I'll switch between 30 Day Shred, Wii Personal Trainer, Golds Gym Dance Workout, and walking to keep me more interested in sticking with exercise. I'm sending a friend request.
  • nc1191
    nc1191 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What part of PA are you from? I'm from around Erie. :)
    Welcome aboard!

I'm also from Erie! :smile:
  • djcarpenter
    Options
    Lori I am so with you. I am 54 and I did the yoyo thing when I had my children too. That was 33 years ago. I went on anti depression pills, quit smoking, and had a hysterectomy. I shot way past 200 lbs. First I quit smoking for 4 years, asked my doctor for a prescription for Welbutrin XL.....not sure how to spell that, I take the generic of it. I was taking Prozac which was a big contributor to my weigh gain. But I needed something to stay sane and had heard Welbutrin had the least weigh gain side effect. I did that back in September of 2008. I have lost over 70 lbs in almost 1 1/2 years. Slow process yes. If I lost 1/2 a pound a week I was happy for that. You can't deprive yourself or you will binge on what you crave. I did reach my goal and have been going up and down 20 pounds ever since. It is a pain in the butt for sure but please don't stress yourself out about it. It doesn't have to happen overnight like on The Biggest Loser. We have to deal with everyday living and pressures. I did set realistic goals for myself. Once I met one I found another. I am very goals. But they have to be reasonable goals. NO STRESS.... I can tell you for sure of one thing. I know for sure I gain when I am stressed. If I have a disagreement with my husband the next two days I will put on a pound or two. I hope this site will become a daily commitment. Just be honest with yourself everyday so you see the true picture. We have all made gains and losses on this site. We all understand if you were to too. If you are having an emotional day. Get on here and post it. Your friends with relate and support you. I only knew my daughter in law on her at first. I then search for women in my age range with goals relative to mine. I sent them requests to be my friend and the majority of them are now my friend. I do not really know any of my friend know them I just know that they are so helpful when I have a bad day. Become my friend then ask my friends to be your friend too. You wouldn't regret being a bit bold. I have really gotten so much from them. Hope to talk to you again. Jan