Biggest loser time is approaching!!!!

Options
I always get excited my dad and I make a super healthy din din and sit and watch and cheer everyone on and we LOVE it. I can not wait for the season to start!!! SEpt 16 its coming soon.

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I always get excited my dad and I make a super healthy din din and sit and watch and cheer everyone on and we LOVE it. I can not wait for the season to start!!! SEpt 16 its coming soon.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ohh yeah! Watching the last couple of seasons has helped keep me going! It is just motivating! Even though they are getting help that we would never get, and it takes longer in the "real world"...watching them all achieve such losses each week is amazing!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    absolutely and whats more is they WANT to change and know they NEED to. I have a morbidly obese friend who had that kind of oppurtunty handed to her. Her wonderful loving caring mom paid for Jenny Craig as well as a gym membership she was gung ho lost 5o lbs plateaued got frustrated and gained most of it back. She was also offered to get gastric and refused it saying "she'd do it on her own". I tried to help her but learned you cant help someone who does not want to help themselves. She is about biggest loser contestant sized. It used to make me sad and to a degree it still does, but it is a lost cause. I asked her if she wanted to have a biggest loser party(to coyly and silently get her to get inspired) but she said "I hate that show its stupid those people are such drama queens)...oh well what can you do?????
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That's a shame but you are right....she won't be ready to truly make a change until it is something she wants bad enough. I sometimes wish I could save people a lot of time and mistakes by just taking what is in my brain in putting it in theirs. The willpower I have to keep going is AMAZING. I TRULY view food differently. I view life differently. It took a lot of failed attempts to get here and I just wish I could save people that trouble!! LOL!

I used to be Biggest Loser size. In fact, watching the past 2 seasons....there would be at least one female contestant that was about my size or would get to my size, etc..and I would totally root for her!! LOL! I mean, I was 270 when I started last September, which is the average of a lot of the biggest loser women. When they would reach certain goals, like get into the 100's, it would motivate me to keep going or just seeing what they could accomplish with their new energy kept me going too.

:bigsmile:
    -Tami
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I mean, I was 270 when I started last September:bigsmile:
    -Tami

WOW you have made some unbelievable progress Tam!! AND I noticed you lost another three pounds!!!!!:noway: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, let's celebrate by going to Big Bubba's at Mohegan :drinker:

Leontine